The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: What do you feed your truck dawgs?

Default What do you feed your truck dawgs?

Is there a reason I can't feed my wife's very active Boston Terror Eukanuba 30/20 just like my working dogs? I know I need to adjust the amount to his body condition. Are there any other concerns?
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

2013-01-20 05.43.57.jpg

My truck dog and my working dog both get the same food. Oh wait. They are the same dog.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Don't do it!!!! The Boston will develop an intense desire to retrieve and line 100+yrd water blinds with a huge water entry!!! Unfortunately with his smushed up muzzle, all bumpers would be cigared and birds will be drug through the mud and sand by their feet and/or necks

Nothing wrong with it, really. Look at the fat/protein ratio for most small breed premium dog foods and you will find the same if not higher ratio in their foods, especially with the puppy formulas. I feed a small breed puppy formula to my geriatric dog for that reason, plus it is soy, corn, and wheat free, and has smaller kibble for his worn teeth. It helps keep his ears yeast free and his muscle tone at a premium level which he needs since he is 10 yrs old and only has three legs.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Mine has a definite preference for Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage. If bitter conditions prevail, she will occaisionally agreee to Beggin Strips.

BTW Ms. Mills- buck nekkid pictures of front seat rugs is definitely discouraged here on peanut having RTF. Please get that poor marsh mop a bandanna before she is embarrassed in public.

Truck Dawgs got standards regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

BTW Ms. Mills- buck nekkid pictures of front seat rugs is definitely discouraged here on peanut having RTF. Please get that poor marsh mop a bandanna before she is embarrassed in public.

Truck Dawgs got standards regards

Bubba
    She? SHE? SHE?????? Do you have any idea what it is gonna take to repair the poor boy's self esteem after that insult???
    You oughta have to be the one to cough up the bucks for psychoanalysis after that.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Mine eat the same food, just much less. I don't notice-ohh hold on Archie is stuck in the ottoman again, what were we talking about? Ah yeah - energy levels, no everything is pretty much the.......ARCHIE! Raccoon poop again?! Two baths in one day?! Get back here you little baskird!!

Just go ahead and feed your litttle dog the same food-and hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Mills View Post
    She? SHE? SHE?????? Do you have any idea what it is gonna take to repair the poor boy's self esteem after that insult???
    You oughta have to be the one to cough up the bucks for psychoanalysis after that.
    Ms. Becky,

If Scotty has had any influence on your "seat rug" the peanut joke is just as shamefull as the bandana joke!

Thanks for your responses. I was tired of remembering to pick up the little man's food.
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".