The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Any Snow Plow People? GDG

Default Any Snow Plow People? GDG

I have a 1986 F250 with a Meyer plow on it. It worked well until this past week. I was pushing snow and all of a sudden the plow wouldn't go up or to either side. You can hear the hydraulics trying to work when you flip the switch up or left or right but no movement. It will go down but then not back up. Obviously it went down only once. Any suggestions on the problem?

If it is a self contained unit, check the oil level in the pump unit. also check the solenoids that run the unit. If the control is electronic the circuit boards do go bad in them too. If it is not self contatined ie: has a pump and drive belt off of truck engine, did you hit a big pile or push alot of heavy snow? if you did check for a bent piston. Hope this helps.. Jim
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

Might check with this guy- looks like he is going to have some time on his hands for a while.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/218905410...d=903226511001

Bad Dogg regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Kent S View Post
    I have a 1986 F250 with a Meyer plow on it. It worked well until this past week. I was pushing snow and all of a sudden the plow wouldn't go up or to either side. You can hear the hydraulics trying to work when you flip the switch up or left or right but no movement. It will go down but then not back up. Obviously it went down only once. Any suggestions on the problem?
    Sound like low fluid pressure or a fluid leak.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I have several Fisher Plows. It could one of a few problems. Your pump is gone. The valve assembly is dirty and the canisters need to be replaced, or your are low on fluid.