The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Need room in toyota tacoma

Default Need room in toyota tacoma

Need to get three crates into a toyota tacoma any suggestions. Truck has a cap. Crates should be what size etc.? Want to give dogs max room. Already have a platform in bed.

Also awhile back someone had storage room box in back compartment of truck can you post again. it was really nice.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Just sold mine. If you have a construction door on the Side two 400 and one 300 Vari kennels or look a likes will fit side by side the length of the bed. You open from the construction door and they come out the tailgate. Mine was an extended cab, plywood over the top of wheel well. Might have to take crates apart, best measure height of cap!
    Earl Dillow

I hava a Tacoma. I put a shelf across the top of the wheel wells. You'll see a place for the 2x4 to rest. I only made the shelf 3' deep. I used the side by side crates that midwest makes. I had them from my van. They are an odd size width wise but will fit between the wells of any SUV or van. In the space below the shelf I bought sweater storage units for under a bed. They are perfect in all dimensions and have wheels to make sliding them out easier. You should have room across the front space for one more crate. The only thing is I had to lift up on my cap to get the crates up on the shelf. Its a really tight fit. I also anchored them to the shelf so they wouldn't rub on my overpriced Leer cap. Hope this helps.
    Julie Rihn

Those who say "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" have never met my dog!

moscowitz ,I got a PM from you ,but it didnt have anything in it .
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

I had a Tacoma SR5 TRD when they first came out for my company rig. Too small. Loved the truck overall. Put 165K on it without any issues. You'll probably work best with the wire break down crates like the show folks use Mike. Two side-by-side then just one "whatever kennel sideways in the back. You'll have to move it and take it out to let the front two dogs out.

PM sent

Mike

Here is a the link to previous discussion:

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...=Toyota+Tacoma

I can put three 400 size wire crates along the length of my box. They fit perfectly. Then I just open one side of the canopy, to reach in an let them out. At this time, I just have two dogs, so I have two crates (Vari w/ Kennel covers in the winter, wired in the summer) length wise. The best feature is the vented wind-doors on both side of my canopy.

I love my Tacoma, and my storage system!
    Mary Shillabeer
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Home of:
    "Oli" Zaniri Olive That N More WC JH
    "Keener" WR Zaniri Goldngun Keen4Anything Can SH WCX CD
    Forever in my heart:
    "Spy" Can CH Justmoor Get Smart Can WC JH CDX AGN-S AGNJ-S; GRCC VCI 16/06/2003 ~ 13/09/2012
    "Gusto!" Goldngun A Bird In The Hand Can WCI JH 27/04/2008 ~ 23/12/2009
    "Boon" MHR BISS Can CH OTCHX GMH Justmoor Boodacious Can WCX AGNS; GRCC VCX VHOF; Am CDX CGC; Am Can BVISS; PALS Therapy Dog 25/09/1997 ~ 09/02/2008