The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Sound Beginnings with Hillmann Puppy

Default Sound Beginnings with Hillmann Puppy

I currently have Hillmanns puppy and fetch DVDs. But this is my first lab and first time training. I feel like sound beginnings would help me with some of the socialization and obedience side of things. Has anyone used both together?

I have been watching them both but will be following Hillmann's for training. I'll use some of Sound Beginnings ideas too. Introducing a lot of different "toys" for the pup to chase around with movement and noise so he will be well exposed at a young age.
    Christopher Nemitz

I started my puppy Rowdy on Sound Beginnings, at a certain point switched to Hillman and then later switched to Lardy. Sound Beginnings starts the puppies at a little younger and it will definetly help you. You can do a search for Rowdy (by Pirate) and see some of my Sound Beginnings, by Jackie Mertens, videos. Just a sampling.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    I started my puppy Rowdy on Sound Beginnings, at a certain point switched to Hillman and then later switched to Lardy. Sound Beginnings starts the puppies at a little younger and it will definetly help you. You can do a search for Rowdy (by Pirate) and see some of my Sound Beginnings, by Jackie Mertens, videos. Just a sampling.
    He's 13 weeks old and were on day 4 I believe. I don't really plan on using the actual training from Mertens but some of the ideas that aren't portrayed in hillmann's

487 miles from home, but happily stationed in NE OK

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Nutt View Post
    What Wayne said...did the same with my pup. I highly recommend reviewing Wayne's video's of what (and how) he did things with Rowdy...really good stuff there
    Scott Vermeer

Bluegoose's Cut of Jazztime, aka Carver
    The new kid: Sophie, whose registered name will come to us soon enough....

Forever with me:

RockErin's Island Code 01/2012-06/2013...Koda, your promise and my dream ended way too soon. Them 2 yeller dawgs will help you find your way...

Vammy's Chasing The Light 10/98-2/2011...Chase, you rocked. Now go find Bailey, and "hunt up!".

Bailey 6/85-12/99...just a purebred, unregistered meat dawg...but what a girl. You were awesome, pook'ems...