The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FT Goldens then and now =Barty?

Earl correct me if I`m wrong but most of the decent ones we had could get aggressive under pressure,have only had a few in here lately but am still seein it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jd6400 View Post
    Jennifer.I`m gonna post some pics soon.Dad ran a golden back in the early 70`sFC,Bonnybrookes tuff and a half....this little guy was only about 45 lbs and a ball of fire and not tuff like all the good ones were back then.Some of the older guys know what I mean by tuff.I`ll get his pedigree also.He also won the Gold Whistle in canada being I believe the first golden to do that.When he was runing Andy (call name) the flood gates opened up and we were loaded up with goldens for a while,but never had anything like him. Jim
    Couldn't help myself .........

http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=18666

http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=495 this, too if I got it right "Tuffy"
    Last edited by Judy Chute; 02-24-2013 at 10:11 AM.
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec CDX MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

My only brush with Goldens spoiled me because he was a great dog...I got to see Dual Ch AFC Tigathoes Funky Farquar up close and personal (as in he lived with the family in College Station)..first time I saw him he slept overnight with us in Southern Calif..he would have been the penultimate chick magnet if I had been a little quicker, he was that good looking, big, bold and was a marking sonofagun...obviously since he won the National Derby Championship in '73...but he and his O/H couldnt run blinds to save their lives, until they met Clint...he had only a single placement when running the big stakes. Clint taught Quar and Dottie how to run sight blinds, and nothing but sight blinds, only threw him a mark here and there because he would pin everything anyhow..within 3 months Quar was running good blinds, and took a second in the Open in Phoenix in Feb '75, he and Dottie started finishing trials and placing highlighted by a big win in the Open in No Florida that fall...I think Quar ended up with 52 AA points in his career, qualified for two or three nationals...the only shame was that wasnt a deeper pool of quality dams to breed him to..

He was a heck of a good boy, if I ever get my hands on the family archives of pictures buried deep in an Austin garage I will scan and post the pics of him, albeit most are in B/W
    Last edited by BonMallari; 02-24-2013 at 10:13 AM. Reason: corrected title
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chute View Post
    Couldn't help myself .........

http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=18666
    Wow thanks Judy! It was the only time I saw dad break down in his life when we lost him!!!

Earl correct me if I`m wrong but most of the decent ones we had could get aggressive under pressure,have only had a few in here lately but am still seein it!!!!
    Unfortunately yes, the older lines were tough no nonsense dogs that were not afraid of taking you on and don't mean fear bitting! I was a military police service dog trainer and handler, old school dogs, swung my share of them and you know what I mean. Been bitten my share of times, worse bites got were from training the sweet gentle Goldens, bitches were the worse. That and the e collar has mostly diminished along with better breeding that type of behavior in all of the retriever breeds in my opinion.
    Earl Dillow

Wow thanks Judy! It was the only time I saw dad break down in his life when we lost him!!!
    Great to know how much he was cherished. Some heartbreaking short lives..in those great old lines, for various reasons. Just really tugs at the heart..probably due to the history there.

A little off subject, but this is a reminder to us all to be careful http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=15812 "Red"

Wish there were photos ..on K9 Data as well. They are such a great tribute in my humble opinion.

This is a great thread..great read...
    Last edited by Judy Chute; 02-24-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec CDX MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Man you and me both!!!Every scar on my hand is from a golden,except one bad one from a Bigstone lab....Jim

The bottom half , Nancy' Golden Dawn , I had a half sister to her Huntress of Dillowspat, were duck hunting dogs, never trialed and owned by the owner of Stietz resort in Antioch Illinois. Pat was my first Golden born Dec 1963 she was the sanction trial queen poor folks field trials. She had 27 trial placements derby through open.
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chute View Post
    Great to know how much he was cherished.

A little off subject, but this is a reminder to us all to be careful http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=15812
    Yea,now I know how Bon is gettin his info,haaa!!! I`m rather illiterate and been pullin names off the top of my head..not knowing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Criquetpas View Post
    The bottom half , Nancy' Golden Dawn , I had a half sister to her Huntress of Dillowspat, were duck hunting dogs, never trialed and owned by the owner of Stietz resort in Antioch Illinois. Pat was my first Golden born Dec 1963 she was the sanction trial queen poor folks field trials. She had 27 trial placements derby through open.
    Impressive,Earl!