The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FT Goldens then and now =Barty?

Quote Originally Posted by jd6400 View Post
    Yea,now I know how Bon is gettin his info,haaa!!! I`m rather illiterate and been pullin names off the top of my head..not knowing for sure.
    Well, pullin names off the top of your head ...is leading to great reading!! Earl always has posts of huge interest, and good training advice as well.

Housebound today with poor driving conditions..snowstorm, so this is quality time right here!!! Thanks!!

Thank you for starting this, Jen!! ..making my day

Judy
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Judy, I wasn't there when "Red" died BUT I can tell you that Harold B. loved his "red" dogs .
    I had the prviledge of judging with him, and breeding to his "Dandy". Class act guy!!
    Sue
    Never confuse activity with success.

"Ummmmmmm Isn't a word." Judge Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    Judy, I wasn't there when "Red" died BUT I can tell you that Harold B. loved his "red" dogs .
    I had the prviledge of judging with him, and breeding to his "Dandy". Class act guy!!
    Sue
    Where have you been you are more well versed then me!
    Earl Dillow

Earl,dad had another he ran it was mrs strouds,believe it was FC too? late 70`s early 80`s ?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chute View Post
    Couldn't help myself .........

http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=18666

http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=495 this, too if I got it right "Tuffy"
    I bred to Tuffy twice I guess, I forgot, Marshlands Golden Sunshine Qaa I think Marvin Baumer bought one from that litter , he went black and has had his share of FC and AfC's I am outing him, but, think his wife was the Golden person.
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by Criquetpas View Post
    The bottom half , Nancy' Golden Dawn , I had a half sister to her Huntress of Dillowspat, were duck hunting dogs, never trialed and owned by the owner of Stietz resort in Antioch Illinois. Pat was my first Golden born Dec 1963 she was the sanction trial queen poor folks field trials. She had 27 trial placements derby through open.
    Nancy's Golden Dawn http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=586, a great dam to produce three FC AFC's via repeat breedings to Tuffy..wow That was a great combination of pedigrees..actually pass all that on...

Nancy/"Peaches"..no siblings listed and Tuffy just one female sibling. Wonder if there were more..and might they have done well and also produced some great pups given the oportunity. The breed is fortunate for these two!!
    Last edited by Judy Chute; 02-24-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Well, pullin names off the top of your head ...is leading to great reading!! Earl always has posts of huge interest, and good training advice as well.

Housebound today with poor driving conditions..snowstorm, so this is quality time right here!!! Thanks!!

Thank you for starting this, Jen!! ..making my day

Judy
    Who woulda thought 30 yrs ago we would be able to do this?Just think of the older folks that still don`t and what they could contribute.Billy V`s wife Diane had some good goldens back in the day too.

Quote Originally Posted by jd6400 View Post
    Earl,dad had another he ran it was mrs strouds,believe it was FC too? late 70`s early 80`s ?
    I am getting old I will have to think about it thats East Coast stuff and I am a homeboy Midwest guy. Not many even know me outside this circuit. I was small potatoes, still am, compared to many in that period, just have a lot of useless information in my head and have rubbed elbows with some of the near great. Had more success in the late 1980's on with some nice black dogs. Many only know me as a Lab guy or the bitch Lab guy. I have been outed, just trying to get more accomplished Golden breeders, trainers, etc to come forward it's good for the sport!
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by Criquetpas View Post
    I am getting old I will have to think about it thats East Coast stuff and I am a homeboy Midwest guy. Not many even know me outside this circuit. I was small potatoes, still am, compared to many in that period, just have a lot of useless information in my head and have rubbed elbows with some of the near great. Had more success in the late 1980's on with some nice black dogs. Many only know me as a Lab guy or the bitch Lab guy. I have been outed, just trying to get more accomplished Golden breeders, trainers, etc to come forward it's good for the sport!
    Not useless info at all ........Jim

Nancy's Golden Dawn (http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=586)...what a great dam to produce three FC AFC's via repeat breedings to Tuffy..wow That was a great combination of pedigrees..actually pass all that on...

Nancy/"Peaches"..no siblings listed and Tuffy just one female sibling. Wonder if there were more..and might they have done well and also produced some great pups given the oportunity. The breed is fortunate for these two!!
    Peaches was a nice bitch, kinda small and more Helen's dog. Dick had his own way of doing things, very opinionated
    And sometimes that spilled over in the trial world. I was one of his groupies so I had to sit in his kitchen, drink coffee after a training session and listen along with other groupies. Some of whom others would recognize names. We were just blue collar stiffs in a rich man's world, cops, teachers, firefighters, bodymen, electricians, printers, training our own dogs and looking for mentors. I along with others were in our twenties, early to Late. Dick was 40 plus or so.
    Earl Dillow