The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: FT Goldens then and now =Barty?

Quote Originally Posted by jd6400 View Post
    Who woulda thought 30 yrs ago we would be able to do this?Just think of the older folks that still don`t and what they could contribute.Billy V`s wife Diane had some good goldens back in the day too.
    Hmm like Bonnie Brooks Elmer when she was Diane Woods. Fastest Golden I have seen.
    Earl Dillow

Earl,dad had another he ran it was mrs strouds,believe it was FC too? late 70`s early 80`s ?
    ......under other than Bonnie Brook kennel name?
    Last edited by Judy Chute; 02-25-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    Choctaw's Piscataquis Sebec UD MH CGC WCX ***
    UCDX HR SR Sand Dancer's XX MTB Ranger UDT, MH, WCX **
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

This is wonderful! Thanks for the great discussion. Got a rare opportunity to sleep in this morning on the west coast, and woke up to this history lesson!

Judy, thanks for posting the links to K9 data - unfortunately, my old lap top is not cooperating with the links, but should be able to see them tomorrow at work. Hope you survive the snow storm!!

So do you all think Barty changed the gene pool significantly from what it was before Barty? Obviously, he and Cotton are prolific producers and significant in the gene pool in that way, but what are your thoughts line wise. Or is that an impossible thing to know. Wonder if he was a quirk from the English line or a typical dog. Funny that June Atkinson let him go, wasn't he an older pup when Barbara Howard got him. Indicating that maybe June held on to him with hopes of a good dog - or, he was a left over. Not sure of that, just guessing. Will have to read Barbara's article on that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Chute View Post
    Was it under other than Bonnie Brook kennel name?
    Dang it Earl....I believe it was a Topbrass breeding?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kiefer View Post
    Judy, I wasn't there when "Red" died BUT I can tell you that Harold B. loved his "red" dogs .
    I had the prviledge of judging with him, and breeding to his "Dandy". Class act guy!!
    Sue
    Is that..Dandy Boy Red***.....http://k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=4563 ? ooops...wrong owner...? ..
    Last edited by Judy Chute; 02-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    HR SR Scarlett's Andi O'Malley CD SH OA NAJ CGC (OAJ-2 Placements) 9/16/1995-3/31/2011

Dang it Earl....I believe it was a Topbrass breeding?
    Maybe Jackie did the breeding? Either way he was a heck of a dog. Everything isn't in the k 9 data but I have talked more about Goldens here then I have in 30 years. So my memory might need refreshing but Ced and the former Diane Woods owned him at one time? Snow is soft gonna train for awhile, be back.
    Earl Dillow

Judy - finally got to see the K9 links and realize I'm focusing too much on Barty as there were other early imports from Holway and Stilrovin etc - and the dogs Earl mentioned.

Interesting reading!

[QUOTE=jd6400;1073532]Dang it Earl....I believe it was a Topbrass breeding?[/

Just checked he was bred by Richard Kerns and Torch bought him. Whew you had me scared for a moment! Thought I was losing it. Jackie came down the pike a little later a icon in her own right with her program.
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    Judy - finally got to see the K9 links and realize I'm focusing too much on Barty as there were other early imports from Holway and Stilrovin etc - and the dogs Earl mentioned.

Interesting reading!
    If you go far enough back it gets real interesting, Gunnerman, Stilrovin then back to Speedwall Pluto and across the pond.
    Earl Dillow

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    This is wonderful! Thanks for the great discussion. Got a rare opportunity to sleep in this morning on the west coast, and woke up to this history lesson!

Judy, thanks for posting the links to K9 data - unfortunately, my old lap top is not cooperating with the links, but should be able to see them tomorrow at work. Hope you survive the snow storm!!

So do you all think Barty changed the gene pool significantly from what it was before Barty? Obviously, he and Cotton are prolific producers and significant in the gene pool in that way, but what are your thoughts line wise. Or is that an impossible thing to know. Wonder if he was a quirk from the English line or a typical dog. Funny that June Atkinson let him go, wasn't he an older pup when Barbara Howard got him. Indicating that maybe June held on to him with hopes of a good dog - or, he was a left over. Not sure of that, just guessing. Will have to read Barbara's article on that again.
    Well first...you had a lot of nerve sleeping in ..while here we all are reading, typing our fingers raw..racking our brains, or rather other's like Earl's.. then trying to keep up with posted updates..!!

We have 5+"of new sticky snow as of now..still coming down, the worst is supposedly happening thru the early evening...hard for you to empathize from the West Coast? ..back a little later... I see a cup of coffee in my near future..LOL

Judy