The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HR 347 - Freedom to protest/speech??

Default HR 347 - Freedom to protest/speech??

Fox news contributor reports that HR 347 restricts freedom of speech and one's right to protest, and law was signed in 'secret'.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...rack-obama-si/

Here's the link to HR 347. http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...12hr347enr.pdf

What do you guys think? Sounds like if secret service calls an area a "protest free' zone and you're caught protesting there you can be charged with a felony.
    Brian Caudle
    Marriner's Lady Piper of Coratank "Piper" JH

Could be it will take a court case to determine. It does sound a bit unconstitutional to me, but I'n no lawyer (thank heavens) nor am I a constitutional scholar. I find the general proliferation of laws to be disturbing anyway.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Could be it will take a court case to determine. It does sound a bit unconstitutional to me, but I'n no lawyer (thank heavens) nor am I a constitutional scholar. I find the general proliferation of laws to be disturbing anyway.
    The Constitution? This administration completely dismisses that old, worn out document. It's flawed according to the Messiah.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cockfield View Post
    The Constitution? This administration completely dismisses that old, worn out document. It's flawed according to the Messiah.
    Well, good thing that supreme court is still around then.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Yep! That old piece of parchment was written by some rich White people and is unfair! Not to mention outdated! And to think He was a constitutional Scholar?
    Seriously?
    It will take Generations to repair the damage.Guess i might have to apologize to my Grandkids.

Well, good thing that the current supreme court is still around then.
    just wait on the future supreme court?????????????????
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by Tom. P. View Post
    Yep! That old piece of parchment was written by some rich White people and is unfair! Not to mention outdated! And to think He was a constitutional Scholar?
    Seriously?
    It will take Generations to repair the damage.Guess i might have to apologize to my Grandkids.
    Let me see his college transcripts, THEN we can decide just how scholarly he really is....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    just wait on the future supreme court?????????????????

That't why the midterms are going to be crucial.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Well, good thing that supreme court is still around then.
    That's what we thought when Obamacare was sent up there...
    Bill Davis

This is about a year old.

It amends existing law that has been on the books since 1971. When you compare this text to the original law, this just really cleans up and simplifies what had become a bit messy due to all the changes over the years. Basically, this law is an attempt is to protect the President and V-P by declaring the White House off limits and by giving the secret service the ability to place "off limits" anyplace where the President/V-P is at the time.

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech or the right to protest. Standing 5 feet from the President with your hand in your pocket is neither a protest nor freedom of speech.

Makes sense to me whether I support the President or not.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge