The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OKLAHOMA TRAINING DAY (Stillwater)

Default OKLAHOMA TRAINING DAY (Stillwater)

The Green Country Retriever Club will be hosting a club training day near Stillwater, OK on Aug. 21st. These are some of the best grounds in OK and the technical water is amazing. We will focus on water work, swim-by and de-cheating as well as marking setups. Participation in the training day is free for members and folks new to our club. We will have live fliers and a cookout at lunch for a minimal fee.

I encourage anyone in the area to come and participate. Please RSVP for birds and/or lunch.

For more information on this event go to http://www.freewebs.com/gcrc/index.htm and look under the Events page.

Your web page has the date listed as 8/31

OOOPS

Glad you caught that. Just a typo but folks would really be mad if they showed up that Tuesday.

The training day is on the 21st

Will you be making it down??

Yeah I am planning on it. I made it down there once in early spring to train and also ran the NFRA test held there in May. It was a treat.

Trained there a couple days ago. Best water in the area that i know of. I recomend trying it out.

Come on now.......I can't even find a decent water blind at the place!

Try the one we ran, 235 yds long. Start by running down the leve tight past the cattails, through a tight bottle neck slot, past 2 converging points, real easy to lose the dog if you dont keep him on a very tight line then into the channel for a 150 yd swim. Very fun blind. Your right Chris theres probly only a couple hundred more possibilities for blinds on the property.

Tulsa Slim,

You should have seen the one Tim West wanted to run a few weeks back. Had to have been 600 yards. First water entry was about 120 yds no big deal, second piece of water was about 200yds after you got out of the first pond. Only problem as Tim found out. You lose the dog for about 75 yds. Nice idea though. I've got one for you to run next time your up. It's down in the inlet.

Cpayne

Quote Originally Posted by cpayne
    Tulsa Slim,

You should have seen the one Tim West wanted to run a few weeks back. Had to have been 600 yards. First water entry was about 120 yds no big deal, second piece of water was about 200yds after you got out of the first pond. Only problem as Tim found out. You lose the dog for about 75 yds. Nice idea though. I've got one for you to run next time your up. It's down in the inlet.

Cpayne
    You ran cappy and libby on those didn't you?
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I still think my dogs could have done that 600 yard blind if the grass wasn't over there heads in that 70 yards. All you could see was the dogs head appearing every so often as they were bouncing up trying to see where they were going. Hell, I would have been lost too!

I'm trying to talk Joseph into putting a few windmills like in Mini golf on his grounds so we can really do some fun stuff.

Here's the blind.....Off the dam, over ten points, cut the corner of a pond, two hundred yard angle entry into a 16" windmill. Dog comes out with a biscuit and if it's a green one instead of a brown one, you get to train free for a year!

yeah, that's the ticket!