The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Snow Geese on My Mind!!!!

Senior Member Travis R. Bullock's Avatar

Default Snow Geese on My Mind!!!!

For those of you in the Field Chasin Whitey or like me those of us waiting for the Migration to move North! Enjoy a little clip to get the blood pumping!!

http://youtu.be/Xb_g7XQKOu8

Folks that hunt them around here are litterally going nuts

I was up in SW Missouri yesterday and heard geese heading north all day long. (Wish I'd been hunting...)

Got Snow Geese??

The snow and snow goose moustaches say yes, but not nearly so many as a couple weeks ago.

MG

We will be in the Maryville, MO area the 7-9 hopefully they will be back by then

Dan
    "If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Hometown: Rural Ames, IA. College: Maryville, MO

I live in the Ville and have been hunting on the weekends. They are still here, especially with the snow in KC. Not nearly as many as last year but that is because there is not nearly as much corn in the field compared to last year (because of the hail storm). I am going this weekend, I'll let you know what comes of it.
    Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

We're coming the weekend of the 15th. Staying in Maryville at the Comfort Inn.
    This weather has them all messed up.
    Guide buddy chased birds from MO and found a feed about 70,000 in Iowa.

Hometown: Rural Ames, IA. College: Maryville, MO

http://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/Squ...t_02202013.pdf

I didn't know Maryville was the place to be for snow geese hunting. Let me know if any of you all need an extra gun, I would love to watch your dogs work! Plus being in college means cheap decoys and calls, its always fun to see how the pros do it
    Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Hey Guys,
    I am scared snow goose season in Central MO is going to be a bust. I watched flight after flight heading southest yesterday while digging everyone out here. I don't know how far south or east they went but I know St. Louis was not supposed to get the snow we did. KC was supposed to get smoothered in snow. What I am scared of is they will regroup somewhere in the southeast and try a clearer path north. I know that I still didn't see to many young birds in the flights. Somewhere SE of central MO the boys are smiling big time---Sure would like to know were because we are mobile and ready to go!