The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You might be a neocon if...

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Where does that put me?
    It puts you in the neocon camp. If you think "wiping them all out" is a good idea, just not "politically viable", then i would say you fit in stride with them. That is morally bankrupt idea, that unfortunately popular in the neocon crowd. Most of them could care less about the US until we blow up one of their family members who had nothing to do with terrorism. That is what we are doing right now in afghanistan and throughout the middle east and africa with our drones. By killing one terrorist we make ten more. Look up a term called blowback, its a foreign policy term.

I don't think we should have "wet teams" killing people in countries that we are not at war with. I don't think we should have drones killing people in countries we are not a war with. All we are doing are making more terrorists and helping to bankrupt our country with this fictitious "war on terror".

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    If you are OK with the unchecked spending, the support of Special Interest, policing the world, subsidies, Patriot Act and other legislation promoted by the NeoCons, then you can have it. Conservative use to stand for something, as it use to mean something. By you definition, it doesn't and can be anything.
    again with the ideology....never said I was OK with your list

Stan and I differ on how to teach a dog running blinds

Bill and I differ on what is the best caliber for deer hunting

Mike and I differ on what is wrong with the Cowboys

we might all be NeoCons, but we dont let our minor differences on the political issues come between us...You might think its bloodsport to be divisive, go for it if thats what floats your boat...I dont expect ANYONE to be lockstep issue for issue with me..makes me no better,no more patriotic, no more American

dont equate a vote for a certain candidate as a rubber stamp for ALL that candidate believes in...just because I voted for Mitt doesnt mean I want to join the Mormon church and put Mirk on the hood of the pathfinder
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I guess by this definition, I am a NEO-CON.

I believe in the execution of the perp of a heinous crime where a life is taken..

I belive in the sanctity of life, especially in the innocent unborn.

If you believe in the 88% of abortions committed last year in the USA for convenience are OK, and murderers should be allowed to live and, if you think "socio-economic factors should be used to determine when abortions SHOULD occur, then you might be a "secular progressive."

Just maybe!!!!
    I would be with you if juries had 100% accuracy. There have been too many cases where the juries condemned innocent people. Life in jail (without TV) or liberty) is a very tough punishment in itself. I do not recommend trying it.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    again with the ideology....never said I was OK with your list

Stan and I differ on how to teach a dog running blinds

Bill and I differ on what is the best caliber for deer hunting

Mike and I differ on what is wrong with the Cowboys

we might all be NeoCons, but we dont let our minor differences on the political issues come between us...You might think its bloodsport to be divisive, go for it if thats what floats your boat...I dont expect ANYONE to be lockstep issue for issue with me..makes me no better,no more patriotic, no more American

dont equate a vote for a certain candidate as a rubber stamp for ALL that candidate believes in...just because I voted for Mitt doesnt mean I want to join the Mormon church and put Mirk on the hood of the pathfinder
    Bon, i get what you are saying and i understand it. My dad and I have the same discussions, and i know we agree on most of the same things but when i go more radical with a vote he chooses the lesser of two evils. I don't ant to come across as if you don't believe these things then you are dumb. Most, what i would call conservatives, agree with the libertarian ideology of, responsible budget and government should stay out of everyday decisions (neocons say " government should stay out of everyday decisions unless i can get it to help me). Unfortunately, the social issues and foreign policy is where the divide is. I think these are big issues that if explained properly to the conservative base, could get us a more Liberty loving candidate.

I don't support gay marriage, but i also don't support state sponsored permission slips to get married. The only reason it is a big deal is because of govt programs that give perks to married folks (taxes and benefits). That is dumb and a waste of money.

I support the defense of our nation, but not our nation's offensive foreign policy. GWB was elected on how we should not police the world and should bring our troops home. He was right and I think that is a safer and cheaper policy than ours today where we fight al qaeda in afghanistan and support them in libya and syria. We need to be like GWB in 2000 and bring our troops home from the over 100 countries they are in and only use them for defense.

I voted for Gary Johnson, but like you i did not agree with everything he said. More importantly i did not vote for romney because i had issues with his fake deficit reductions, tax reform plan that would still allow crony capitalism, and aggressive foreign policy with blind support for Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I would be with you if juries had 100% accuracy. There have been too many cases where the juries condemned innocent people. Life in jail (without TV) or liberty) is a very tough punishment in itself. I do not recommend trying it.
    So we have a slight difference of opinion.
    That's cool by me.
    I would still shoot ducks with you!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    For every case like that, I would bet there are 10 where the prison system paroled or otherwise let out of jail some career criminal who proceeded to kill, rape, rob, mug, traffic drugs etc... Again. No system is perfect, but I think the errors by far benefit the bad guys. You know what the recidivism rates are in this country.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    For every case like that, I would bet there are 10 where the prison system paroled or otherwise let out of jail some career criminal who proceeded to kill, rape, rob, mug, traffic drugs etc... Again. No system is perfect, but I think the errors by far benefit the bad guys. You know what the recidivism rates are in this country.
    Ya think?

80% of violent crime is committed by REPEAT OFFENDERS!!!!!

I could solve that for ya........

NEO-CON regards!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I don't support gay marriage, but i also don't support state sponsored permission slips to get married.
    There is a very good reason for the permission slips. It has to do with the children .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You are a NeoCon if your hat doesn't have a propeller?
    How bout my tinfoil hat?
    Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    There is a very good reason for the permission slips. It has to do with the children .
    Seriously, is someone who is going to inbreed going to worry first to get the state to sign off on there marriage to their sister?