The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You might be a neocon if...

So what are you if you are pro-choice, even more pro-contraception, pro-death penalty, and really don't give a rat's about some "collateral damage" in areas where we are fighting our enemies?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I think I will take Jeff foxworthy's approach for this issue. Feel free to add more and ask questions. Neocon can be used derogatively or as a description to differentiate between the paleo cons

You might be a neocon if...

You think we can solve the Middle East issues with our military Actually, I think that we COULD solve our problems in the middle east with our military, but wiping them all out is just not politically viable.

You say you want smaller government as long as there is no cut in military spending

You claim to want less intrusive govt but support the patriot act Have never supported the "Patriot" act. Even the name makes me think of "Newspeak".

You say you are pro life, yet support the killing of civilians overseas and comfort yourself by saying its collateral damage

You don't care that citizens of the US can legally be killed by drones. How about we use "wet teams" instead. When does a "citizen" become an "enemy combatant"?

Those are what I can think of now, as a former neocon myself, I finally changed when I would hear stories of Palestinian, Iraqi, afghan, and Syrian Christians who had family members blown up for no reason other than they were living in a Muslim area. This shook me to my core and has led me to pursue non intervention candidates.

Where does that put me?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I don't remember ever meeting or speaking to anyone of any politcal persuasion that was "FOR" abortion. JD
    I would imagine a white supremacist would want most black babies aborted and a nazi group would be all for all aborted jewish babies,,,so on and so forth.

Eugenics is alive and well today and gaining great momentum actually. I believe s.caralina sterilized 7600 woman against their will between the early 1900's and thee early 70's. They are a little more subtle about it now, Hell,,,, did you read about the spermicidal gmo's they are coming up with.

I had to throw this atcha JD ,,,I didn't want anybody thinkin you agree with me to much

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 02-25-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I think I will take Jeff foxworthy's approach for this issue. Feel free to add more and ask questions. Neocon can be used derogatively or as a description to differentiate between the paleo cons

You might be a neocon if...

You think we can solve the Middle East issues with our military

You say you want smaller government as long as there is no cut in military spending

You claim to want less intrusive govt but support the patriot act

You say you are pro life, yet support the killing of civilians overseas and comfort yourself by saying its collateral damage

You don't care that citizens of the US can legally be killed by drones.

Those are what I can think of now, as a former neocon myself, I finally changed when I would hear stories of Palestinian, Iraqi, afghan, and Syrian Christians who had family members blown up for no reason other than they were living in a Muslim area. This shook me to my core and has led me to pursue non intervention candidates.
    It didn't take long for this thread to get hijacked into an abortion debate.

You are a NeoCon if you voted for Romney. Probably believe in Crony Capitalism too.

You are a NeoCon if you support the spending by both the Dems and Repubs.

You are a NeoCon if you see nothing wrong with the huge Lobbying industry in DC.

You are a NeoCon if you are a Repub and support the Status Quo.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-25-2013 at 07:21 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

You are a NeoCon if you voted for Romney. Probably believe in Crony Capitalism too.

You are a NeoCon if you see nothing wrong with the huge Lobbying industry in DC.

of all those the only one I did was vote for Romney....not quite sure why everyone want to stick a label on everyone..Its like you are trying to make the word Neocon seem like a dirty word...Neo conservative...You are always trying to tout yourself as a True Conservative, which is the same mistake ALL the Republican candidates tried to do in the primaries..There is no prize for being the most conservative or a true conservative...it also doesnt mean the anyone who is a Neo Conservative us any less American or any less patriotic than the next guy...Quit trying to label everyone that isnt in lockstep ideologically with you and your "Band of Five"
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

You are a NeoCon if your hat doesn't have a propeller?
    Bill Davis

No debate here, I simply responded to zeus' post.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925

You might be a neocon if you are prolife and support the death penalty.
    My response was clear and concise, admitting I would be categorized as such and proud of it based on the criteria HE set forth.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill

I guess by this definition, I am a NEO-CON.

I believe in the execution of the perp of a heinous crime where a life is taken..

I belive in the sanctity of life, especially in the innocent unborn.

If you believe in the 88% of abortions committed last year in the USA for convenience are OK, and murderers should be allowed to live and, if you think "socio-economic factors should be used to determine when abortions SHOULD occur, then you might be a "secular progressive."

Just maybe!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 02-25-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    of all those the only one I did was vote for Romney....not quite sure why everyone want to stick a label on everyone..Its like you are trying to make the word Neocon seem like a dirty word...Neo conservative...You are always trying to tout yourself as a True Conservative, which is the same mistake ALL the Republican candidates tried to do in the primaries..There is no prize for being the most conservative or a true conservative...it also doesnt mean the anyone who is a Neo Conservative us any less American or any less patriotic than the next guy...Quit trying to label everyone that isnt in lockstep ideologically with you and your "Band of Five"
    If you are OK with the unchecked spending, the support of Special Interest, policing the world, subsidies, Patriot Act and other legislation promoted by the NeoCons, then you can have it. Conservative use to stand for something, as it use to mean something. By you definition, it doesn't and can be anything.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

If you are OK with the unchecked spending, the support of Special Interest, policing the world, subsidies, Patriot Act and other legislation promoted by the NeoCons, then you can have it. Conservative use to stand for something, as it use to mean something. By you definition, it doesn't and can be anything.
    Could you possibly list the names and the legislation anyone has passed in, oh, say the last 20+ years that you would consider conservative?
    Any bills that anyone has authored, sponsored and gotten passed?

Legitimate question...................
    Stan b & Elvis

If standing by our allies in the ME (Israel) and protecting them from "extermination" is a NEO-CON trait.

Guilty as charged.
    Stan b & Elvis