RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Breeder Brag

4K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Dogtrainer4God 
#1 ·
Just heard from Larry, that Delta (AFC Skatch X HRCH Tory MH) won the San Diego Derby today, making the derby list. Two wins out of three trials this spring!

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

My first DL pup as a breeder, awesome to have a pup with as good a guy as Mr Larry.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats Abby, that is fantastic being the breeder of a dog on the Derby list..love seeing the breeder brags here on the RTF..wish more would chime in when their litters accomplish things

#6 ·
Keep the breeder brags coming!

#8 ·
Congratulations Abby!

#9 ·
I shot Delta's first flyer about a year ago. Larry had Delta, she was just a little bundle of energy. My pointer locked up on a chukar and I walked in on it. The bird flushed low and I had to ride it out before I could shoot. It landed way out in some alfalfa, both the pointer and Delta were hunting for it, then the pointer found it and pointed the dead bird. Delta came right in, snatched the bird up right from under her nose and ran back to Larry. She was as proud as she could be of that bird. I could tell right then she would be a great dog.
Now little Lexus will be a great dog also. I think I can talk Larry into letting me shoot a flyer for her before we leave here. We are wintering in the same RV park as Larry and John Hollaway is my next door neighbor. John is looking forward to his pup.

#16 ·
Thank you all so much for the replies! It is great to be involved in a retriever world where people can not only compete against one another but still be part of the party when another does well :)

Loved the story Steve, thanks for sharing it!

Good for you Abby! I hope it is the first of many for you!
What Susan said! Good for you!
Thanks Becky and Susan! Onward ho :D

#10 ·
Congratulations!

#13 ·
Just heard from Larry, that Delta (AFC Skatch X HRCH Tory MH) won the San Diego Derby today, making the derby list. Two wins out of three trials this spring!

View attachment 11560

My first DL pup as a breeder, awesome to have a pup with as good a guy as Mr Larry.
Good for you Abby! I hope it is the first of many for you!

#15 ·
CONGRATS!!!
What a great way to spent your weekend. Knowing that one of your babies has done something fantastic!!!
We'll all be watching for more good news. Keep us informed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.