RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

I keep getting logged off?

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Happy Gilmore 
#1 ·
Problem is I log into RTF look at a pic, thread or 2 and I get logged out wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

#5 ·
In order to write this reply I had to switch from Internet Explorer to Mozilla Firefox. I can never stay logged on with IE but always stay on with MF. Since I don't post that much, I usually just stay with IE which is the browser we usually use but it's a pain and I can't understand why 'cause I'm not savvy in that way! Only other site with which we have the problem is Netflix? I have heard of others who experience the same problem. May be Chris can clear it up?

#10 ·
Wow that's a little harsh, but here goes:

To change your password:
At the top of the page click the menu option "Forum Actions" then select "Edit Profile" to the left the is an option "Edit Email & Password"

As far as your browser forgetting your password, it could be multiple things - you need to check your security settings for your browser and make sure you check the keep me logged in (or remember me) options when you do log in.

FOM
RTF Moderator

#7 ·
Little known fack here. Prolly letting the cat out of the bag a bit though. Chris lets a few of us pick out a noob every so often and the we just "Vote them off the island".

Tag you are it regards

Bubba

#8 ·
He also give some inmates numbers instead of names/handles.

#16 ·
This works. I was unable to complete a post or PM without getting logged off and losing the whole thing. (and I tend to be a little longwinded, extra frustrating). I cleared all cookies for another reason, and when I next logged into RTF clicked the "remember me". No more problems. Unless you are on the receiving end of my long posts, sorry!:cool:

#18 ·
Clear your browser history (cookies, cache, etc...) It is more than likely not the forum, but your browser.

#19 ·
I tried deleting browsing history and cookies but still have the problem with internet explorer. So I just tried google chrome and the forum "remembered me". It must be something with the internet explorer browser but cant figure it out. Guess I will just switch to Google Chrome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.