The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missouri Senator Roy Blunt answer's email on gun control .

Default Missouri Senator Roy Blunt answer's email on gun control .

I mainly lurk on the Potus side as its a little scary over here (small fish in big pond),but Saturday I emailed my senator expressing my thoughts on the U.S. government wanting MY guns and guns of other law abiding citizens, to my complete surprise I got this email from his office today.

Yet he avoided answering my thoughts on illegal aliens and the reminder that you(the politicians) work for us.

Dear Shawn,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the rights of gun owners.

As you may know, I am a strong defender of our Second Amendment rights. The right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms is an individual right guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the Constitution and broadly interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court. Our Founders clearly understood that one of the most basic rights of Americans is the ability to defend themselves and their families.

In light of the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, there have been calls for immediate action to address gun control. I do believe it is important that we have a serious national discussion about preventing these senseless acts of violence and protecting our children in their schools. Equally important, however, is an effort that more broadly addresses ways to spend federal dollars more wisely when it comes to treating and identifying those who are mentally ill as well as intervening before they tragically impact their own lives and the lives of others.

There are no easy answers here. I continue to believe that a weapons ban does not fix the issue. Whatever we do, it must be consistent with the Constitution.

I appreciate your thoughts and will continue to support legislation that safeguards our Second Amendment rights, encourages safe and responsible gun ownership, and keeps our homes and families safe.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook (www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/RoyBlunt) about the important issues facing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website (blunt.senate.gov) to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e-newsletter.

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
    United States Senator.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

cool you got a reply. do you think it was he, or a staffer?
    I guess it is better than most.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    cool you got a reply. do you think it was he, or a staffer?
    I guess it is better than most.
    Looks a form letter with copy and paste that is why he did not answer the other questions.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Looks like a form letter to me, but at least your rep. looks to be one that isn't anxious to gut the 2nd Amendment. Congress critters have staff tasked with answering constituent letters along with form letters handy for issues they get lots of mail about. The trick is to ask specific questions and get them off script. Sometimes easier with your Senators than House reps., as the former has larger staff...
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Looks a form letter with copy and paste that is why he did not answer the other questions.

That's what I couldn't figure out, but I guess at least someone took the time to copy/paste.
    Shawn White

HR Big Creek Retrievers Independence Day JH QAA "Indy "

I got the same info from my Senator, so I'm sure those that are on this side of the fence had a form letter set up by some staffer that all in the same camp could go along with. I never bothered to write our brain-dead Democrat, but it might be interesting to see what side of the fence that batch is coming from.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I wrote to our Dem senator in a gun friendly state, NC. NO reply. When the media confronts her she refuses to answer any direct question. Did have an interesting really dirty look from her at the local airport a few weeks ago on a Friday night. She was flying in from DC andd her regular flight arrives about the same time as hubby's flight. So a person near me waiting for the same flight as me says hey look that's our senator as she walks past us. I in reply state some rather negative things like you mean that bitch refuses to defend our right bare arms. If looks could have killed from the bitch.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I got the same info from my Senator, so I'm sure those that are on this side of the fence had a form letter set up by some staffer that all in the same camp could go along with. I never bothered to write our brain-dead Democrat, but it might be interesting to see what side of the fence that batch is coming from.

UB
    Bernanke's testifying this AM, TV's in the other room but the wife is listening. She asks "who's the person questioning, he sounds like he's not all there", your Democratic senator. Hope he plans to retire after this term .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    I in reply state some rather negative things like you mean that bitch refuses to defend our right bare arms.
    I have heard no discussion in any legislative agenda about the right to bare arms. There may be some about the right to bear arms. Apparently you missed something along the way also .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Great Shawn!
    And dont be a stranger to PP!
    You did just fine.Dont be ascared!