The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missouri Senator Roy Blunt answer's email on gun control .

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I have heard no discussion in any legislative agenda about the right to bare arms. There may be some about the right to bear arms. Apparently you missed something along the way also .
    Ya know, I first typed bear and glanced at it and thought oh crap that is the animal and changed it! Then I typed beer and said oh no not that. I have never claimed to be a good speller or typist. It is weird. Spelling errors by others jump out at me but while I can see my own I can never get the right spelling of my mistakes. My SAT English score was while decent 120 points lower than the math score!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I never bothered to write our brain-dead Democrat,

UB
    Then that makes you part of the problem UB. How much trouble would it have been for you to have sent a copy to ALL o9f your Congresscritters?

For a guy who manages to impugn the intelligence of large groups in almost every POTUS post, you sure seem to keep stepping in it!! Look in thje mirror UB and start being part of the solution; quite being part of the problem with your head in the sand partisanship

We need to overwhelm these Congresscritters with our belief in the 2nd A remaining AS INTENDED BY OUR FOUNDERS!!!
    I've gotta believe that some Dems, particularily from states like S. Dak, will not trample on the 2nd A. We need these to offset the lemming lily-livered Reps who will abandon us

Here is what I got back.
    I also wrote to my 2 Senators still waiting on a reply from one of them. Suprisingly Franken was the first to respond; The "rubber stamp for the Demrocats" Amy Klobuchar Ignored me. I can not find my Al Franken response unfortunatly.
    February 6, 2013
    Dear Louis,
    The Second Amendment establishes the right of Americans to protect and defend themselves and their families. However, President Obama and some members of Congress are doing everything they can to increase gun control without prudently considering all factors associated with violence. Rest assured, I will not vote for any legislation that breaches "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" and will continue to unwaveringly support the Second Amendment during the 113th Congress. When I took the Oath of Office I solemnly swore that I would support and defend the Constitution of the United States and that is exactly what I will do. My record is clear on the Second Amendment in the 112th Congress. I cosponsored bills that would have: increased concealed carry permit reciprocity between states; improved accountability and consistency in firearms testing by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; prohibited funding for enforcement of any forthcoming United Nations Arms Treaty; and protected the right to hunt and recreationally shoot. Making our society safer and stronger is an important decision. To prevent future tragedies we must address the underlying causes of violence and understand why perpetrators do these unthinkably evil acts. The focus needs to be on making our homes, schools, and streets safer—not advancing a political gun control agenda. If you have any comments or questions regarding this issue or any other, please contact me or my staff in the district office in Anoka or the Washington, D.C. office.
    This mailing was prepared, published, and mailed at taxpayer expense.
    Sincerely,

Michele Bachmann
    Member of Congress

Quote Originally Posted by LMB View Post
    Here is what I got back.
    I also wrote to my 2 Senators still waiting on a reply from one of them. Suprisingly Franken was the first to respond; The "rubber stamp for the Demrocats" Amy Klobuchar Ignored me. I can not find my Al Franken response unfortunatly.
    February 6, 2013
    Dear Louis,
    The Second Amendment establishes the right of Americans to protect and defend themselves and their families. However, President Obama and some members of Congress are doing everything they can to increase gun control without prudently considering all factors associated with violence. Rest assured, I will not vote for any legislation that breaches "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" and will continue to unwaveringly support the Second Amendment during the 113th Congress. When I took the Oath of Office I solemnly swore that I would support and defend the Constitution of the United States and that is exactly what I will do. My record is clear on the Second Amendment in the 112th Congress. I cosponsored bills that would have: increased concealed carry permit reciprocity between states; improved accountability and consistency in firearms testing by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; prohibited funding for enforcement of any forthcoming United Nations Arms Treaty; and protected the right to hunt and recreationally shoot. Making our society safer and stronger is an important decision. To prevent future tragedies we must address the underlying causes of violence and understand why perpetrators do these unthinkably evil acts. The focus needs to be on making our homes, schools, and streets saferónot advancing a political gun control agenda. If you have any comments or questions regarding this issue or any other, please contact me or my staff in the district office in Anoka or the Washington, D.C. office.
    Sincerely,

Michele Bachmann
    Member of Congress
    The underlined and bold is my favorite part.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by LMB View Post
    Here is what I got back.
    February 6, 2013
    Dear Louis,
    The Second Amendment establishes the right of Americans to protect and defend themselves and their families from an unreasonable and oppressive government. However, President Obama and some members of Congress are doing everything they can to increase gun control without prudently considering all factors associated with violence. Rest assured, I will not vote for any legislation that breaches "the right of the people to keep and bear arms" and will continue to unwaveringly support the Second Amendment during the 113th Congress. When I took the Oath of Office I solemnly swore that I would support and defend the Constitution of the United States and that is exactly what I will do. My record is clear on the Second Amendment in the 112th Congress. I cosponsored bills that would have: increased concealed carry permit reciprocity between states; improved accountability and consistency in firearms testing by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; prohibited funding for enforcement of any forthcoming United Nations Arms Treaty; and protected the right to hunt and recreationally shoot. Making our society safer and stronger is an important decision. To prevent future tragedies we must address the underlying causes of violence and understand why perpetrators do these unthinkably evil acts. The focus needs to be on making our homes, schools, and streets saferónot advancing a political gun control agenda. If you have any comments or questions regarding this issue or any other, please contact me or my staff in the district office in Anoka or the Washington, D.C. office.
    Sincerely,

Michele Bachmann
    Member of Congress
    i would like it better if our government's leaders acknowledged what the second amendment is really about(my addition in red)
    john mccallie