The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sequester!!!!

well Sequestration came and went...when what the country really needed was a little Castration...Glad to see Boehner didnt cave....cant wait to see how BOTH sides will spin this, especially on the Sunday talk shows
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Both sides should be ashamed that it was allowed to happen at all. It was within the legislative branch's power to create and pass a budget. It still is. Spin, my ass!

There shouldn't be "sides" anyway.

As I said months ago; we have too many politicians and too few STATESMEN! -Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Both sides should be ashamed that it was allowed to happen at all. It was within the legislative branch's power to create and pass a budget. It still is. Spin, my ass!

There shouldn't be "sides" anyway.

As I said months ago; we have too many politicians and too few STATESMEN! -Paul
    Blame the senate and Harry Reid. While you may agree or disagree with the house budget, they did follow the law and produce budgets every year. Harry never even put one to vote on the senate floor.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Congress offered the POTUS a bill that would have allowed him to make the necessary cuts "intelligently" ... but POTUS said he would veto such a bill. Essentially ... MY way or the HIGHway. But vetoing such a bill means, perhaps, he doesn't want to take responsibility for the cuts that would be made? Both parties are beginning to agree that there actually ARE programs that could be streamlined, combined, removed from the budget with little or no pain ... the POTUS was offered the chance to spare the worst pain, but refused to accept it.

The real crisis, however, happens at the end of the month when we reach the same fiscal cliff of raising the debt limit again, or govt shut-down. Geithner says that even then, there will be a couple of months "grace" while Treasury does some tapdancing with their credit line. It's like a re-run of what brought about sequestration in the first place!

The public believes this is all Congress' fault (and surely a lot of it IS), but isn't the POTUS supposed to bear some of the responsibility for being more of an enabler to bring Congress to the negotiating table?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Carlos Elias, the Capitol Building superintendent, sent out a memo Friday reminding staffers that the current sequestration plan does not include “reductions in force or furloughs” and that “pay and benefit of each of our employees will not be impacted.”Though not directly mentioning Obama by name, Elias also said in the memo that a “high-ranking official said employees that clean and maintain the U.S. Capitol will receive a cut in pay.”
    Hours before the memo was released, the president, in what appears to be the administration’s attempt to maximize the potential impact of the cuts, said at a press conference: “Starting tomorrow everybody here, all the folks who are cleaning the floors at the Capitol. Now that Congress has left, somebody’s going to be vacuuming and cleaning those floors and throwing out the garbage. They’re going to have less pay. The janitors, the security guards, they just got a pay cut, and they’ve got to figure out how to manage that. That’s real.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2MPbWdUpi
    Does ANYone in the administration check ANY facts before the POTUS makes some of these downright untrue statements?

Arne Duncan backtracked on his doom-and-gloom about teachers. And the FAA admitted that the cuts in air traffic controllers would begin with smaller, low-traffic airports to minimize impact on the larger, high-traffic airports. I recall reading that $150K is spent on an airport in OK that gets almost NO flights at all.

Does this "backlash" against the exaggerations mean that some people are actually ready to speak out against "the madness" that Woodward's high profile statements have pointed out? And CNN's Gergen also supported. Will we soon hear that Woodward and Gergen are looking for new jobs? Along with the Capitol Building Superintendent? (maybe he's due to retire soon?)
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Does ANYone in the administration check ANY facts before the POTUS makes some of these downright untrue statements?

Arne Duncan backtracked on his doom-and-gloom about teachers. And the FAA admitted that the cuts in air traffic controllers would begin with smaller, low-traffic airports to minimize impact on the larger, high-traffic airports. I recall reading that $150K is spent on an airport in OK that gets almost NO flights at all.

Does this "backlash" against the exaggerations mean that some people are actually ready to speak out against "the madness" that Woodward's high profile statements have pointed out? And CNN's Gergen also supported. Will we soon hear that Woodward and Gergen are looking for new jobs? Along with the Capitol Building Superintendent? (maybe he's due to retire soon?)
    Colburn is pointing out a lot of waste here in OK ( as well as Washinton etc. ). This may be one on his list of waste.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Congress offered the POTUS a bill that would have allowed him to make the necessary cuts "intelligently" ... but POTUS said he would veto such a bill. Essentially ... MY way or the HIGHway. But vetoing such a bill means, perhaps, he doesn't want to take responsibility for the cuts that would be made? Both parties are beginning to agree that there actually ARE programs that could be streamlined, combined, removed from the budget with little or no pain ... the POTUS was offered the chance to spare the worst pain, but refused to accept it.

The real crisis, however, happens at the end of the month when we reach the same fiscal cliff of raising the debt limit again, or govt shut-down. Geithner says that even then, there will be a couple of months "grace" while Treasury does some tapdancing with their credit line. It's like a re-run of what brought about sequestration in the first place!

The public believes this is all Congress' fault (and surely a lot of it IS), but isn't the POTUS supposed to bear some of the responsibility for being more of an enabler to bring Congress to the negotiating table?

I have not seen anyone on this forum, aside from myself, lay any blame for sequestration on congress. The country does NOT believe it is Congresses' fault.

As I said; so what if he vetoes a piece of legislation? Grow a pair and send it thru a second time. They're too damn busy trying to "win", to do their job! They have, however, found the time and wherewithal to give themselves a pay raise and go out on recess. - Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I have not seen anyone on this forum, aside from myself, lay any blame for sequestration on congress. The country does NOT believe it is Congresses' fault.

As I said; so what if he vetoes a piece of legislation? Grow a pair and send it thru a second time. They're too damn busy trying to "win", to do their job! They have, however, found the time and wherewithal to give themselves a pay raise and go out on recess. - Paul
    Good post, Paul. Right on the money. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Good post, Paul. Right on the money. JD
    That's right JD . Paul's the guy who when I noted that UB would have a real nest egg in SS had it been properly handled doubted what I said, though I have it right in front of me. It was only when Buzz, a fellow unionista, agreed with my premise that Paul backed off.

& you are praising a post from someone who has less financial clue than most of the congress critters .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    That's right JD . Paul's the guy who when I noted that UB would have a real nest egg in SS had it been properly handled doubted what I said, though I have it right in front of me. It was only when Buzz, a fellow unionista, agreed with my premise that Paul backed off.

& you are praising a post from someone who has less financial clue than most of the congress critters .
    One of the blessings of self-moderation is the ability to ignore posts without actually placing the poster on 'ignore'. I find it quite easy to ignore you and Bill Spitzer, while still reading your posts. You should endevour to practice the same. OK?

But, somehow I doubt your ability. JD

I'll no longer engage BS, his patholgy makes it impossible. I will for a while continue to engage you, but believe me, your pathology is nearly as profound.
    You have a good weekend as well...
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift