The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sequester!!!!

Heck my gas for my car has gone up more than 2% per gallon since Jan 1st. Of course King Obama likes that. They want a 9% increase here in electric rates after just getting an 8 % increase but King Barry thinks that is a good thing. Then he whines that home heating help will be cut, yet I use my own common sense to reduce my non taxpayer paid bill. I haul wood and run the woodstove more, I drop the temp from 72 to 70.
    Yet he wants more money so the leaches they show locally complaining on the news with their salon nails can keep their home at 76 on the taxpayers dime, go figure.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    No doubt. If I have a $1000 a month budget and I have to cut $24.00 out of it, I'm not going to lose the farm!!
    I saw an even better example used the other day. If your grocery bill for a family of 4 is 100 per week how hard would it be to cut $2.40?
    Would your family starve or even go hungery?
    Hmm, one less 2 litre bottle of soda (better off drinking 2 litres of water)
    Trade in a $4 bag of chips for a $1.50 bunch of bananas ( much more healthy)
    Hmm, again local prices but $3.59 per lb for 80% lean ground beef or $.99 lb for bone in chicken breasts?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Anyone paying into social security took a 2% hit to their spending on Jan. 1, 2013. The government hurt millions of people with that increase. Please raise your hand if you were helped by the increse in taxes on those evil wealthy.
    It was not an increase, it was a reversion to the old rate. The 2% holiday on SS was a bad legislative move - among the many that have happened in recent times. The folks in DC have managed to muck the budget up so badly that no one knows what's there.

A few years back we had an initiative about a legislatively imposed tax on car licenses that the bureaucracy was allowed to administer. You can't believe all the things funded from that source. My comment was we should continue that tax & eliminate all the other sources of funding as apparently that tax was funding most of government. The citizens passed the initiative, life went on as usual, but some programs are no longer around. I believe it has more to do with the economy being a little tight, though out here it's not bad if you have skills.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

So anytime the taxes go up we are just reverting back to the 1940's and 1950's rate. That really should be the rate.

2.4%, heck I tip more than that ...wouldnt want to throw it away...but thats about what I spend during the Triple Crown Racing season on one race....I could do it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

One of the few with a pair and just like his dad!

http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-...quester-2013-2
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

I agree with the first part of your sentence and hope like hell you are wrong about the second part. We need him to actually accomplish something if he is going to be up there for any length of time.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

I had a lot respect for Rand, but not as much as 3 hours ago. He voted for continuing the vote for Hagel and then voted against him in the nomination vote. I know this is a little off subject.

Back on subject. I would rather decide where that extra 2.4% was thrown away than let the government. I do it every day. Every dollar spent in the local economy is distributed, or changes hands, spent approximately 6 to 7 times before it leaves your area.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    While Obama runs around the country crying "the sky is falling," nothing is being done in the Whitehouse to develop a consensus.

Stand fast Boehner, this is you chance to make Obama blink first.
    Don't fail us now!

The big fear of the Whitehouse is that Sequester will happen, the reduction on future spending (no "cuts" here) will have no effect at all.
    If no one suffers as badly as Obama claims, his constant Obamageddon fear tactics will be DONE!!!!

He got his tax increase folks, remember?

GIT-R-DUN boys & girls!!!
    Holy Cow Stan, I think the sky might be falling. Why you ask? Because YOU & I agree on something. How about that. 100% in complete and utter agreement. PLEASE Boehner stand your ground!!!!
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

From the AP website ... is it just a coincidence that the guy who made the decision to cut the HHS budget by releasing illegal detainees just happened to announce his retirement just a week before the release happened? Surely, there is no connection to him taking the blame for this unpopular budget cut in anticipation of sequester?

The senior Homeland Security Department official in charge of arresting and deporting illegal immigrants announced his retirement to his staff on Tuesday, the same day the administration first openly confirmed the release of what it called several hundred immigrants. The executive associate director over ICE enforcement and removal operations, Gary Mead, told his staff he was leaving his job with mixed emotions. A career law enforcement officer, Mead will leave at the end of April.

After AP reported on Mead's retirement, ICE spokeswoman Gillian Christensen said his decision was not related to criticism over the jail releases and said Mead had notified the agency's senior leaders "several weeks ago" that he intended to leave. She also called AP's reporting about Mead's departure "inaccurate and misleading." On Thursday, ICE corrected her statement to say that Mead has notified his bosses "more than a week ago," not several weeks ago.

The later government statement also criticized AP's reporting as "ill-informed, inaccurate information" and complained that AP had failed to contact the agency before publishing what it called a "misguided headline," although the AP had noted its unsuccessful efforts to contact Mead directly by telephone and email.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.