The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could you cut 2.4% from your home budget per month?

Default Could you cut 2.4% from your home budget per month?

A simple question. If you had to could you cut without starving or freezing cut a simple 2.4% from your total household budget? The rule is the total must be cut not every individual line item. So for example there is a set amount you must pay for a car loan or a mortgage, the required payment.
    DH and I had been listening to the clowns in DC over the weekend figured out simply how much the 2.4% would be for us based on average monthly spending and then created our personal cuts. It was really easy. So why can't the feds do it?
    Have to admit after 2 days of 33 degrees and raining we were a bit bored.
    Oddly enough neither one of us had the extra monthly principle payment on the house we make anywhere near the top of our lists and it would have made up the 2.4% multiple times.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    A simple question. If you had to could you cut without starving or freezing cut a simple 2.4% from your total household budget? The rule is the total must be cut not every individual line item. So for example there is a set amount you must pay for a car loan or a mortgage, the required payment.
    DH and I had been listening to the clowns in DC over the weekend figured out simply how much the 2.4% would be for us based on average monthly spending and then created our personal cuts. It was really easy. So why can't the feds do it?
    Have to admit after 2 days of 33 degrees and raining we were a bit bored.
    Oddly enough neither one of us had the extra monthly principle payment on the house we make anywhere near the top of our lists and it would have made up the 2.4% multiple times.
    It is a simple, but stupid question Luv. Obviously I could cut 2.4%
    However the simple fact is that the budget is way more than 2.4% in the red.
    If my personal budget were as much in arrears as the US budget is, then the question I would have to answer is not how I would make a pittance of a 2.4% cut but rather how I could balance my budget
    . My & your creditors would insist on it. Of course I don't have the stopgap option of a fictitious central banking fiat money suppy, with endless QE 1, 2, 3....etc
    Ultimately we taxpayers are the ultimate debtor in this charade. The bill is ours. I dont know about you but I dont like the idea of taking the little lady out to dinner at a moderately priced restaurant, that is well within myubudget. When it comes time to pay what I assumed would be a bill of approximately $100 Im told that the tab is actually $2000, because added to my tab was some wasteful gluttony by my elected reps in the back room. Id be outraged!!.
    While it is a stupid analogy, there is a basis in reality, and I am outraged!!!

We all should be outraged, and demand a stop NOW!!!! Those gluttonous Congresscritters aint gonna stop their gluttony. We have to do it for them. BALANCED BUDGET AMMENDMENT!!!
    Im amused, outraged and amazed in listening to the Reps & Dems screaming the sky is falling and pointing the finger at each other. Yet the Sequestration was mandated by a BI-PARTISAN comitteee, and the debt limit has been asked for and raised numerous times by both Dems & Reps. It is "needed" when their party is in power; yet an "outrage" when the other party is in power.

You sheeple like t5o make fun of Franco, but you njever can or will argue that he is wrong.
    It may be time for you all to pay attention to what he is saying. Remember a famous definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    If my personal budget were as much in arrears as the US budget is, then the question I would have to answer is not how I would make a pittance of a 2.4% cut but rather how I could balance my budget
    . My & your creditors would insist on it. Of course I don't have the stopgap option of a fictitious central banking fiat money suppy, with endless QE 1, 2, 3....etc
    Ultimately we taxpayers are the ultimate debtor in this charade. The bill is ours. I dont know about you but I dont like the idea of taking the little lady out to dinner at a moderately priced restaurant, that is well within myubudget. When it comes time to pay what I assumed would be a bill of approximately $100 Im told that the tab is actually $2000, because added to my tab was some wasteful gluttony by my elected reps in the back room. Id be outraged!!.

We all should be outraged, and demand a stop NOW!!!! Those gluttonous Congresscritters aint gonna stop their gluttony. We have to do it for them. BALANCED BUDGET AMMENDMENT!!!
    Im amused, outraged and amazed in listening to the Reps & Dems screaming the sky is falling and pointing the finger at each other. Yet the Sequestration was mandated by a BI-PARTISAN comitteee, and the debt limit has been asked for and raised numerous times by both Dems & Reps. It is "needed" when their party is in power; yet an "outrage" when the other party is in power.

You sheeple like t5o make fun of Franco, but you njever can or will argue that he is wrong.
    It may be time for you all to pay attention to what he is saying. Remember a famous definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result
    So what's your proposal?
    Bill Davis

It's not really a stupid question because occording to King Obama the world is coming to and end over 2.4 %. The 2.4 % is just a nibble at the bs fat. HOw much did it just cost the taxpayers for the chosen one to fly to newport news for what???? Total waste of taxpayer money.
    Lets just take the example of your $100 dinner. If you had to (that being the key) you could provide your wife with just as much if not more enjoyable meal for her (you would have to do a bit of grilling) for half the price. BUT a simple budget cut with no major hardship. Heck if hubby spent half the money and did all the work it would be a great treat rather than a nice treat not because of the cash but rather the effort!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Wouldn't really like it, but sure.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

The problem is bigger than just the 2.4% but I could cut that easily by cutting out my own entitlements. The government does things backwards, they get a contract with a company to provide supplies to them, that company charges a higher rate than retail, as long as they hold the contract it stays that way. The company I work for does the same. So one day they were trying to buy some network cables, the company we have a contract with charges 6.95 for a cable, I can buy them quickly online with no contract for .25, When we bind ourselves into these contracts we force ourselves to pay more the government does the same thing. Except they do it on a much larger scale for everything from staples to tanks and aircraft. They could cut it by simply spending the money smarter. It is the same as when I go to the store I want the buy the name brand but the best value is the store brand, so which should I buy when on a budget?

On top of all of that they cannot cut a huge portion of the budget because it is considered madatory spending, so they have to cut from the rest, and they will always choose the highest profile pieces because it will get the most public pressure to make sure it doesn't happen.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    So what's your proposal?
    Reread my post and I think it is pretty obvious what my proposal is

Now what is your proposal?

Reread my post and I think it is pretty obvious what my proposal is

Now what is your proposal?
    I don't think it so obvious... You were so busy telling others how stupid they were and calling them (us) sheeple, I don't think you offered a solution. Sure you pointed out the obvious. Hell, we all can do that.

My proposal is to put more people in office like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul (believe it or not) who are not afraid of the establishment. Vote out ALL of the old big spenders and get the govts house in order before it is too late. But, unfortunately it's going to take a long time and it may be too late already since Obama got re-elected.
    Bill Davis

I would never pretend to be as smart as you or Franco............

No one is being asked to take a cut.

The INCREASE in budget will be reduced 2.5%.

But then, you and Franco already knew that.........

Sheeple regards..................
    Stan b & Elvis

MJH, I think the part about a Balanced Budget Amendment went over the heads of many here on POTUS Afterall, many here supported Romney and his protege who only wanted to grow the Deficit by 5 to 7 TRILLION over the enxt few years. Notice how they avoid that little fact?

Thay can't debate with facts because they know they are still a part of the status quo. They are Statis and still think the Repubs establishment can somehow save them. That is why when you read their responses and responces by some others, one realizes that they have yet to identify the problems.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.