The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trained dog prices?

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Harley guy, have you looked in the classifieds here? There is one very nice sounding dog offered by Redstart kennel. If I were looking for a started dog, I'd look REAL HARD at this one. Yep, more expensive but maybe?
    I've looked at the Classifieds here. But I will go back and look at the dog you mentioned.

It's too bad that guy responded on the other forum and pissed everyone off.

He doesnt know what he's talking about.

I have one or two here you couldn't get for X", But haven't we all?
    There are also a few 'Titled' dogs that I personally wouldn't give 'Tuppence' for!! ...But Hey?....You/me. Probably got hooked on the script at one time?
    If it does what you want,and you have seen what you want, then it is probably what you want!, and if you want it ..You will buy it.
    One Shooter One Spaniel One Retriever

Quote Originally Posted by harleymonster View Post
    I've looked at the Classifieds here. But I will go back and look at the dog you mentioned.
    I have a redstar choc female who makes me mostly real happy when she is not 3 steps ahead of me and have trained with Web. He is a dandy.
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Quote Originally Posted by KNorman View Post
    It's too bad that guy responded on the other forum and pissed everyone off.

He doesnt know what he's talking about.
    Yeah that isn't the first time he has done that on that forum about telling people their dogs aren't worth what they are asking. If I remember right.

Yeah, well, I've been running HT's and FT's along the coast for years, especially in Louisiana, and have never heard of the "pro" he claims he apprenticed under. Either the guy retired a long time ago or was simply a gun dog trainer (nttawwt). His claims of seeing lots of FC, AFC, MH and SH dogs is BS as far as I can tell.

I know both the breeder and trainer of the dog in question, and I would advise you to consider trying to arrange a viewing if the other deal falls through. It never hurts to ask.

Yeah, well, I've been running HT's and FT's along the coast for years, especially in Louisiana, and have never heard of the "pro" he claims he apprenticed under. Either the guy retired a long time ago or was simply a gun dog trainer (nttawwt). His claims of seeing lots of FC, AFC, MH and SH dogs is BS as far as I can tell.

I know both the breeder and trainer of the dog in question, and I would advise you to consider trying to arrange a viewing if the other deal falls through. It never hurts to ask.

If you are talking about the dog that I orignially aked about being worth $4000 I had already asked the guy to let me know if the deal fell through.

Quote Originally Posted by harleymonster View Post
    If you are talking about the dog that I orignially aked about being worth $4000 I had already asked the guy to let me know if the deal fell through.
    Good!

I just posted to the other forum. Lets see what happens

I looked at that redstar post and if I were in the market for a gun dog or a possible competitive dog, I would look at him real hard. Good description of a well trained young guy especially at that age.
    Good luck with the search.
    MP
    The pain of regret is much worse than the pain of hard work.

The so called pro was a joke and ruined more dogs than he ever trained. Kelly has trained some nice dogs and I would t hesitate to purchase a dog from him. Some of us would rather train our dogs than get wrapped up in spending entire weekends hurrying up to wait. MMT would be the last place on earth I would go for dog advise also.
    Just Win