The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Hey Franco!! He might have been a Libertarian

  1. #1
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,220

    Default Hey Franco!! He might have been a Libertarian

    Might offend some NeoCons,,,,,,but who really cares?



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6m...ature=youtu.be
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Might offend some NeoCons,,,,,,but who really cares?



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6m...ature=youtu.be
    I love that video and have posted it here on RTF in the past. Carlin was truely a great American who very much understood the abuse of power and was never scared to speak his mind. All of his videos are worth watching. He was way ahead of his time! In fact, he is still way ahead of where we are now A true American genius.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  3. #3
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I love that video and have posted it here on RTF in the past. Carlin was truely a great American who very much understood the abuse of power and was never scared to speak his mind. All of his videos are worth watching. He was way ahead of his time! In fact, he is still way ahead of where we are now A true American genius.
    He is a comedian.

    Known for his "shock value" routines.
    Like the "7 Deadly Words" which he used to get attention in the 70's.
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #4
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I love that video and have posted it here on RTF in the past. Carlin was truely a great American who very much understood the abuse of power and was never scared to speak his mind. All of his videos are worth watching. He was way ahead of his time! In fact, he is still way ahead of where we are now A true American genius.
    Saw him live 3 times. Robin Williams is only other person who has made me hurt for days from laughing so hard. Carlin live was special.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  5. #5
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    He is a comedian.

    Known for his "shock value" routines.
    Like the "7 Deadly Words" which he used to get attention in the 70's.
    Sorry Stan, but Carlin was no "shock Comedian". Insightful, maybe a bit off color, pushed the envelope some, but no way would I list him as a "shock value" guy.

    You don't last 4 decades as a one trick pony.

    And FYI, it was "7 Dirty Words" just to be accurate.
    Last edited by Golddogs; 02-27-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  6. #6
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,527

    Default

    I used to wait on Mr Carlin when I worked for Mortons Steak House, we would open up early for him, get him a secluded table, bring his food and then leave him alone to read the USA Today,only had a few conversation with him, was very up on current events
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •