The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bank of America and Mc Millen Firearms - can this really be true?

Default Bank of America and Mc Millen Firearms - can this really be true?

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing, McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an "account analysis" meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked "Can I possibly save you some time so that you don't waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business?"

"That is correct" he says.

I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?"

"You have to do what you must" he said.

"So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?"

Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms should know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don't agree with a business' political position I can not in good conscience support them. We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.
    Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/...iI8YuAfqpAI.99

I wouldn't doubt it.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tville View Post
    I replied "That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won't mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone one I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?"
    It is very popular to attempt to increase your sales by claiming your fealty to the 2nd amendment! Rather like the veterans thing. If the line of credit was canceled I am sure it was for a different reason. As I read the snopes link it appears that BAC did not agree with your post - My question - are you in the employ of McMillen?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

This is not the first time this story has gone around. I read same or similar story a year or two ago

I stopped doing business with Bank of America personally because:
    1. They began to open accounts for Illegal Aliens in California.
    2. They were committing deceptive banking practices by applying debits to my account before my cash credits. They eventually paid a penalty on this.

Tville - add credibility to this story by posting your actual name. Is this a story you copied from somewhere else? Where are you employed?
    KARMA - The return on your entries will increase the sooner you decide to contribute one of your weekends to be in the judge's chair and judge others who have done the same for you.

We stopped dealing with BOA because they sucked. We now use a bank that is quite helpful (although their anti-fraud folks are a little hyper vigilant on my personal stuff for my taste). That is so hard to find that I would probably stay with them if they banned purchases of baseball, hot dogs and apple pie.

Tom Dorroh

Gotta be more to this story? Turning down business? Two sides to every story.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Actually, it is true. My future FIL used to bank with BOA. When I first got the email about this, I forwarded it to him. My future FIL CALLED McMillan and they confirmed..BOA shafted them for political reasons.
    Joe Overby
    Candler Creek Retrievers
    www.candlercreekretrievers.com
    GRHRCH UH "Hooch" MH (HRC 1500 pt. club)
    HRCH "Tater" MH

Thread should probably be on POTUS page. BOA is under pressure from Obama admin and Dems for doing just what OP says. As are other large banks. It has been reported before and recently in the MSM..
    Bill Davis