The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racial entitlement...

Do we fully understand what the discussion was about with Scalia?

The law under discussion limited the racial discrimination provisions to a few states where suppression of the black vote had been a serious problem. Other states are not mentioned. Further, the law only refers to blacks ... does not include Latino, Asian, etc. So, if we have laws which guarantee the right to vote to everyone, have the narrow specifications of this particular law now lost their significance. IF we really need a law to iterate the guarantee of the right to vote, wouldn't it really need a law that is more inclusive?

And this law is not the same thing as the voter ID discussion. Voter ID would not discriminate against anyone. The ID law here in PA was put in place prior to the POTUS election in 2012, but it was not required in the 2012 election. So, the state is allowing very ample time for acquiring ID for everyone, and there is a strong effort to make it possible for EVERYone to acquire the ID in the interim.

At our own voting station, I have noted vans that bring nursing home residents and disabled persons to the voting station. With the ample time allowed by our state, would this model not also be used to get these people their voting ID? For homebound elderly and handicapped, there is also publicly provided transportation that is scheduled at the user's convenience ... door-to-door. State and Federal representatives are also offering voters the opportunity to call their offices if they have transportation problems in acquiring the ID. Basically, unless you are living under a rock or in a coma, everyone should be able to get their voter ID in advance of the requirement going into effect.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I really don't think we can take more than two of Obama's appointments to SCOTUS. I'm afraid these two will do enough damage. SCOTUS appointments was the main reason I opposed his reelection.
    Yup, he put that bitch (yes she is) that said in the lower court screw studying for the test if not enough minorites clamp down and do the work throw the thing out. WHAT A BIASED IDIOT. ( new haven firefighters)
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Is section 5 of the voting rights act 'racial entitlement' ? I'm curious.

It seems no one discusses the daily politics anymore.

While not a fanboy of BO, I hope he can change the face of the SCOTUS in the next few years. Scalia should be tarred, feathered, and put on a rail for his comments today. JD
    Isn't this poetic? One of the leading minds in the world is being ridiculed by one the true mental midgets on POTUS Place. The original Self Appointed POTUS Place police...or acronymically: SAPPP of NM! You are living proof of P.J. O'Rourke's cognitive quote, "Hubris is one of the great renewable resources." You are such an embarrassement to society, it's hard to defend your right to be the colossal fool you continually make of yourself.

Only fools like you don't have the intelligence to realize if it weren't for the likes of a Scalia on the SCOTUS, your gun rights would already have been taken from you, along with your 2nd amendment rights.

In a comparative world, Scalia would be a mega-star general, and you wouldn't even be a pimple on a PFC's ass. Your arrogance is beyond the pale. May you forever rot in your self-aggrandizement.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Isn't this poetic? One of the leading minds in the world is being ridiculed by one the true mental midgets on POTUS Place. The original Self Appointed POTUS Place police...or acronymically: SAPPP of NM! You are living proof of P.J. O'Rourke's cognitive quote, "Hubris is one of the great renewable resources." You are such an embarrassement to society, it's hard to defend your right to be the colossal fool you continually make of yourself.

Only fools like you don't have the intelligence to realize if it weren't for the likes of a Scalia on the SCOTUS, your gun rights would already have been taken from you, along with your 2nd amendment rights.

In a comparative world, Scalia would be a mega-star general, and you wouldn't even be a pimple on a PFC's ass. Your arrogance is beyond the pale. May you forever rot in your self-aggrandizement.

UB
    Bill, I'll not respond in kind. I can only wish you a happy weekend. JD

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    "At this point, does it really matter?"
    You too, Stan.
    Last edited by JDogger; 03-02-2013 at 08:19 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Is section 5 of the voting rights act 'racial entitlement' ? I'm curious.

It seems no one discusses the daily politics anymore.

While not a fanboy of BO, I hope he can change the face of the SCOTUS in the next few years. Scalia should be tarred, feathered, and put on a rail for his comments today. JD
    It is to bad Clarence Thomas don't ask some questions. I believe he has only asked a couple questions in all the years he has sat on the SCOTUS.

Why don't their end goal be stated. That is every human being in the United States be able to vote period. Even if they are not citizens, are convicted felons and can hold a pencil so mommy or daddy can tell them which box to check.