The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: would you let your child wear a rfid chip in school for the purpose of not only keepi

Default would you let your child wear a rfid chip in school for the purpose of not only keepi

Would you let your child participate in an San Antonio school district rfid chip experiment/ litmus test. It appears they want to also use it to by lunch and other activities which occur at school. Without out the chip its no lunch and no whatever else.

Below is an interview with the parents of a boy that refused to go along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S44pvFUIKhE
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

interesting vid.
    kids who cannot keep two mittins for more than a week will loose these left and right.
    what is the next step, inplanting a clip?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    kids who cannot keep two mittins for more than a week will loose these left and right.
    Ah mittens, a string through the jacket with a mitten on each end. Us little guys didn't like them cause they were not . Later found them much warmer than gloves . Memories!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Sure, and then I would take a strong magnet to it, they would replace it, I would take a magnet to it, it is a repeatable cycle because my magnet is already paid for.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    Sure, and then I would take a strong magnet to it, they would replace it, I would take a magnet to it, it is a repeatable cycle because my magnet is already paid for.
    but in theory,
    if you lived in that town you fund the school with your tax $$$
    so your magnet is smurfing your own $$$ down the bunny hole.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

They are gonna take my money anyway, and the sheeple will pass the levys to pay for the stupid things over and over again, so I will pay no matter what. i would like to at least make them work for it.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    interesting vid.
    what is the next step, inplanting a clip?
    Not cool enough,,,,,,,,,,tatoo them under the lip.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Being a dumb older person with no tech smarts etc. I have a few questions. ...........Just what info will be on these chips and what if the wrong person gets their hands on these chips ? What all can these chips do ? Can they tell a parent where their child is at all times ? Or is this just a credit card type thing for keeping track of what your child is using ( eating ) ?
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Being a dumb older person with no tech smarts etc. I have a few questions. ...........Just what info will be on these chips and what if the wrong person gets their hands on these chips ? What all can these chips do ? Can they tell a parent where their child is at all times ? Or is this just a credit card type thing for keeping track of what your child is using ( eating ) ?
    There are many different types and usages for them, in this situation (guessing) it would be able tell the location of the student at any given time, it would be able to tell you if the student was is class on time and be able to locate them (within the building) if they weren't. So if the student wasn't in class they would be able to tell the user if they were in the nurses office, gymnasium, bathroom, or if they left school etc. The ones that I have dealt with required antennas to be installed in every room throughout the building.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    There are many different types and usages for them, in this situation (guessing) it would be able tell the location of the student at any given time, it would be able to tell you if the student was is class on time and be able to locate them (within the building) if they weren't. So if the student wasn't in class they would be able to tell the user if they were in the nurses office, gymnasium, bathroom, or if they left school etc. The ones that I have dealt with required antennas to be installed in every room throughout the building.
    Thank you very much. Since I can not see videos on the net I am often in the dark when we talk about things on here. And the only chips I know anything about are a few of the brands that we have used in the dogs ( which are not the same thing at all I would think ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~