The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: would you let your child wear a rfid chip in school for the purpose of not only keepi

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Thank you very much. Since I can not see videos on the net I am often in the dark when we talk about things on here. And the only chips I know anything about are a few of the brands that we have used in the dogs ( which are not the same thing at all I would think ).
    We had the system installed at a prison I worked at (system was installed never implemented), if a inmate needed to be located (medical, visitation, hearings etc.) it would be insistently be able to tell you his location like the kitchen, yard, chapel, library etc. it would also be able to be programed to tell you if the inmate was in an unauthorized location.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    We had the system installed at a prison I worked at (system was installed never implemented), if a inmate needed to be located (medical, visitation, hearings etc.) it would be insistently be able to tell you his location like the kitchen, yard, chapel, library etc. it would also be able to be programed to tell you if the inmate was in an unauthorized location.
    Why was it never implemented?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Why was it never implemented?
    Prison lost its contract and was closed.

Somebody mention Chips? I like the kettle cooked Lays!

Old geezer wakin up from his nap regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom. P. View Post
    Somebody mention Chips? I like the kettle cooked Lays!

Old geezer wakin up from his nap regards!
    Yummmmm. Nurse told me this week........"if it tastes good spit it out". I hate that accurate scale in the doc's office reguards.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

There are a least two types of RFID devices, passive and active. Active devices have a battery and transmit a signal to receivers. Passive devices have a unique shape or design that reflects a correspondingly unique pattern when scanned with a RFID reader. These last a long time and do not need a battery. You could embed passive RFID chips in children at birth containing unique identification information. They could be read by readers the person walks through/near, or by a hand held scanner. These have the limitation that you must be in close proximity to a reader to track the child. They should last for life but may migrate to other parts of the body where readers might not pick them up as readily.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabireley View Post
    There are a least two types of RFID devices, passive and active. Active devices have a battery and transmit a signal to receivers. Passive devices have a unique shape or design that reflects a correspondingly unique pattern when scanned with a RFID reader. These last a long time and do not need a battery. You could embed passive RFID chips in children at birth containing unique identification information. They could be read by readers the person walks through/near, or by a hand held scanner. These have the limitation that you must be in close proximity to a reader to track the child. They should last for life but may migrate to other parts of the body where readers might not pick them up as readily.
    Thank you for that explanation.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

To the original question, NO, if I had kids, I can't imagine allowing them to carry one of these around.
    Last edited by HPL; 02-28-2013 at 08:21 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    To the original question, NO, if I had kids, I can't imagine allowing them to carry one of these around.
    No is right.

Have you ever seen Logan's Run?

Ahhh implanting the citizenry with chips starting at childhood. Creepy....
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981