The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firearms demo: Forward this to your Rep's

Default Firearms demo: Forward this to your Rep's

Take a page from Mills and forward this link to your representatives. Very well done, hard to argue with and to the point.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01/a-video-letter-to-sens-franken-klobuchar.php
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Take a page from Mills and forward this link to your representatives. Very well done, hard to argue with and to the point.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/01/a-video-letter-to-sens-franken-klobuchar.php

I can't view the video at work.

I have a question based on the first quotable qoute at the bottom: What makes the duck gun "impractical"? This really puzzles me.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

We keep pointing this out to these dweebs and they will want to ban hunting guns too. (Which they really do anyway, all in good time)
    Bill Davis

Wish they had not used a Remington 1100 shotgun in their demo, the last thing I want is my go to gun on some ban list...

But their point is correct, its not about controlling the guns....it is about controlling the people
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Wish they had not used a Remington 1100 shotgun in their demo, the last thing I want is my go to gun on some ban list...

But their point is correct, its not about controlling the guns....it is about controlling the people
    I get that Bon, but the same demo, albeit a few seconds slower, could have been done with a Model 12, made over 70 years ago with the same end result. Or an A5 from the 50's. Point was Nolan uses it as his duck gun.

I've actually seen a similar demo on line using a pump shotgun. It had a pistol grip.. Then they took the pistol grip off and put a regular stock on to show the lunacy of the pistol grip issue. The shotgun was still compared to an Ar and several other rifles...
    Bill Davis

I guess I'm on everyone's "ignore" list.......

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I guess I'm on everyone's "ignore" list.......

not at all Paul...just not quite sure what quote you are referring to ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I can't view the video at work.

I have a question based on the first quotable qoute at the bottom: What makes the duck gun "impractical"? This really puzzles me.
    You need to view the piece to fully get the content, but simply put it shows how a modern sporting rifles accuracy makes less likely to harm someone with stray shots as opposed to stray pellets from a shotgun when being used in defense. And conversly, how much more damage you can do with Bidens gun of choice.

There are a few comments after the text portion on that link. The shotgun is referred to as being "more deadly and impractical".

I agree that there is probably no more deadly long gun at short range than a full choke shotgun. That's why it's my personal choice for home defense. I just don't get the idea of it being "impactical".