The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Costco Food

Thanks All. I went on some food reviews and dog food analysts sites and they all confirmed what this thread is expressing. I am spending a lot on PPS and according to the majority of the reviews the Kirkland products rate higher than PPS. So I am going to slowly transition over. Thanks all! Time to train. Wish we had water that wasn't capped with a sheet of ice!!!

Just to chime in that every dog owner I know who has been feeding Kirkland has had some type of "issue" since the start of 2013. Many of them are long time users of that food as well.

If you look online there are reports similar to this coming up quite a bit.

Curious to know if any RTF folks feeding Kirkland have noticed any changes in the past few months.

Two weeks here into my change over from PPS to Kirkland. Zero issues. Not one noticible change. $30 for 40lbs vs $46 for 35lbs. All reviews that I read ranked Kirkland higher than PPS. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

Have been feeding it to both dogs for almost two years,they love it and havent had any problems at all.
    Hard to beat the price for a quality dog food.
    I feed the natures domain salmon in the bright blue bag.
    I hunt and train my dogs pretty much year round and they have plenty of energy,so far Iam very happy with this food.
    Brian Stewart

We made the switch to Costco/Kirkland dog food a few years ago when we had five adult dogs at home, because of its cost and convenience since MaryKent does the bulk of her grocery shopping there anyway, we stayed with it because the dogs continue to do well on it
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Been feeding the Natures Domain red bag for 6 monthes now 3 dogs and all are doing very well on it, one of them had had a loose stools for ever and now it's nice and solid.

I have a 2 year old that had constant ear issue. Took the corn out of her diet by switching to the Kirkland premium. No further issues with the ears and she has lots of get up and go. I may move all of the dogs over to it from PPP.
    Margo Ellis

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

In All Thy Ways Acknowledge Him And He Shall Direct Thy Paths. Proverbs 3:6

Take a look at Loyall