The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Is the Outdoor Channel done?

"The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

If it is, there will still be a market for that type of show. Someone will come along and open another avenue for those shows to broadcast.

I don't know the industry, but I have to believe the market will prevail...

What the hell am I talking about? This is the Obama generation! All the old rules are down the drain... They are doing the same thing on SAT radio with Conservative Talk. Got rid of one channel about a week ago.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    If it is, there will still be a market for that type of show. Someone will come along and open another avenue for those shows to broadcast.

I don't know the industry, but I have to believe the market will prevail...

What the hell am I talking about? This is the Obama generation! All the old rules are down the drain... They are doing the same thing on SAT radio with Conservative Talk. Got rid of one channel about a week ago.
    I agree that if Intermedia Partners discontinues Outdoor programming that other outlets will pick it up. There is just too much momey to be made on Outdoor recreation for those type of shows to go away. I haven't seen the 2012 dollar figure yet but outdoor recreation has been booming and still growing.

In regards to Satellite Radio, they just premiered a new channel targeted at the Hannity/Beck kind of listeners called "Patriot Radio". Sirius/XM will put up anything that will make them money. They are about as non-political as they come, unlike most broadcast and cable companies.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.