The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Dummy Launcher

Default Dummy Launcher

I am going to purchase a dummy launcher in the coming weeks. I have read about the Lucky Dog, Retrieve- R-Trainer, and the Hallmark. Do y'all have any comments on quality, range, and whether I should buy a shoulder stock?

Thanks,

El General

I just sold one of my two Ret. trainers. And stil don't use the one I have left. Look at buying a Bumper Boy or Gunners' Up lauchers. Also Zinger Wingers are good too if you can stand the price.

Shoot me a PM if you want to look at either. I'm in Bmt too.

I would go with the BB 2 shooter at the least if you can cough up the $, I have 2 4-shooters. I have a RTR and use it very seldom but htey can be useful. Be sr to get teh shoulder/knee stock as these things are knucle busters and pack quite a punch (loud too!).

I have had no problems with my RTR over the last 4 years (used about 100 times) but others may differ, I know of one that does and you can find her post below.

Steve
    Quote to wife after dating several years....."The dogs were here when you got here and they will be here when you are long gone"

Default Retieve-r-trainer remote launcher

Here is a picture of a remote launcher I made myself with a retrieve-r-trainer and and FRS radio. Besides these 2 items it only cost me about $15, and it will work from 2 miles away!!

I would run as far away from the retrieve-r-trainer as possible. I had one that broke at the hinge two months after I bought it and it took 10 months to get it back! Yes that's right 10 months. I would just save the money alittle bit longer and buy a winger with electronics.

Default Re: Retieve-r-trainer remote launcher

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bons
    Here is a picture of a remote launcher I made myself with a retrieve-r-trainer and and FRS radio. Besides these 2 items it only cost me about $15, and it will work from 2 miles away!!
    Looks good Mike. Can you give a bit more info on how you built the trigger mechanism?

Cheers, Jason.

Thanks Jason.

The trigger/release mechanism is very simple. I drilled a small hole in the piece that you pull down on the retrieve-r-trainer. I then tied a string through the hole. On the other end of the string is a loop. THe loop wraps around a sprocket on a r/c airplane servo. When the FRS recieves a signal it powers the servo which rotates. As it rotates it releases the the string.
    I have made 2 other wingers with this type of setup, except with the wingers I use a archery release with the servo. Here is a pic.

For more info go to www.kwicklabs.com or http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/s...hreadid=238179

Mike

Thanks Mike. Looks like a very useful device. Sure beats actually holding a wristbreaker!

Cheers, Jason.