The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: NY Safe Act Rally Yesterday at the Capitol (Albany)

Default NY Safe Act Rally Yesterday at the Capitol (Albany)

I unfortunately couldn't be there, but my neighbors went...They said it was LOUD! I heard the Governor scoffed......! UPSTATE New Yorkers are very angry! I asked my neighbors to yell out Goose's tag line......"We live in Cuba now, Castro...er Cuomo! (Sorry to steal that Goose, it just sooo fits). This morning on my way to work, several in my area had their "America VS Obama" signs back out in their yards and some new ones "Upstate VS Cuomo". I think this link is a pretty accurate accounting, although wished they would have paid more attention to the speakers names....

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...test-safe-act/

We've been railroaded regards,
    Earlene

http://www.midhudsonnews.com/News/20...y-01Mar13.html

In this article it states that 50 of NYs 62 counties have passed resolutions opposing NYs SAFE-act. My county (Sullivan) Is currently drafting language to do the same. Lawsuits have been filed and I think there is a "show Cause" hearing sometime in April. This was rammed down our throats. Lets hope the legal system enables us to overturn this nonsense legislation.

Danny
    Last edited by DSO; 03-01-2013 at 05:30 PM.

As usual, the media has this wrong. Only 32 - 35 counties have passed a resolution as of now. There are 12 counties that have not taken any action, the other 20 - 23 have resolutions pending but have not voted on them yet. If these numbers were put out by the pro-gun people, we are no better than the anti-gunners. Tell the truth!!! It is entirely possible and even probable that before it is done, there will be 50 counties that have passed resolutions in opposition to the SAFE act, but there are not that many at this time. BTW, I was there and some legislators were dissappointed that there were no incidents. Some of them expected a bunch of rabble rousing rednecks causing all sorts of problems, but they were sorely disappointed.
    I know enough, I just can't think of most of it.

I am glad they were disappointed, we do not need bad press. It was obvious they were expecting trouble, with the crowd control security on the roof! I certainly hope this bill gets overturned in it's entirety, It was just wrong the way the Governor slid it through in the dark of night! I hope more counties pass resolutions..I hope the governor gets the point!

Upstate seriously needs to breakaway from NYC. That would be a dream come true for this native Upstater.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Upstate seriously needs to breakaway from NYC. That would be a dream come true for this native Upstater.
    No doubt. Here is what's going on in my neck of the woods. http://www.sc-democrat.com/news/2013March/05/news2.htm

Danny