RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

4K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Tim Mc 
#1 ·
I am a newly registered member. Have been reading this forum for over three years and finally signed up.
I have really learned quite a bit about training on this site and hope I can contribute in the future.
I currently train one male Lab and run only field trials. Unfortunately, my dog Rudy has come up lame in one front leg, so everything is on hold right now. He is going in tomorrow to be checked out. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#2 ·
Tim,

Welcome and best of luck with your pup! Hope he is OK!

Chris

#4 ·
I hope the vet comes up with good news!

GDG means Goldens Do Good or is it Go Dog Go?

Welcome aboard.

#5 ·
Thanks Howard , I hope so too, but I have a bad feeling about it. I'm bypassing his regular vet and going straight to an ortho.
As I said I have been lurking for some time so I'm familiar with GDG! I have gotten some good info from your posts in the
past. Thanks

#11 ·
Hi Tom. Elyria, Ohio. 20 miles west of Cleveland. You know who I am Tom, I ran in a few quals with you last summer.!
Riot won one of them. Thanks Chris. I met you also when you judged the qual in Michigan. I stepped.on my dog's tail
trying to line him on the land blind! Lol. Then he didn't want to come to heel afraid I would do it again. You and your co-judge were laughing like hell!

#12 ·
Hi Tom. Elyria, Ohio. 20 miles west of Cleveland. You know who I am Tom, I ran in a few quals with you last summer.!
Riot won one of them. Thanks Chris. I met you also when you judged the qual in Michigan. I stepped.on my dog's tail
trying to line him on the land blind! Lol. Then he didn't want to come to heel afraid I would do it again. You and your co-judge were laughing like hell!
Thanks Tim, I was wondering if I knew you or not. My co-judge that weekend was Shawn Stahl, the producer of the Rick Stawski training DVDs among other popular pursuits.

I loved everything about that weekend except for the smells of the decaying deer in the woods due to the "blue tongue" in that area.

Chris

#13 ·
I love going to Michigan for trials. The land is great and the clubs work hard to put on good events. If it wasn't for the Michigan clubs
Spring and Fall trials, I wouldn't have a place to run my dog. There were no trials in the whole state of Ohio last year other than the
O/h qual at Coshocton in April.

#15 ·
BTW, I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) for Rudy. Got to get him better so we can get together again...

I know how you feel though, my son (another Tim) just had to have OCD surgery on the left shoulder of his 1yo lab. If it makes you feel better, he came through that fine and is starting to resume training. Hopefully Rudy just needs some down time to heal...keep me posted.

#17 ·
You might consider doing a tick panel. That is the first thing I think of with a sudden lameness for no apparent reason

#18 ·
Hello, welcome!

#20 ·
Welcome and I hope all is well with your dog.

Lonnie Spann

#27 ·
Tim Yes now that you have jogged my memory. Really hope your dog is okay. Right now he has time to heal.
Were you training much this winter? It has been challenging in the ever changing weather.
Hopefully we will see you in Michigan again this year.
Glad you have joined the RTF family!

#28 ·
Not training at all Mary Lynn. A lot of bird hunting and several tower shoots so he is in good condition.
I hope to get back into serious training soon if he is cleared by the vet. I have some new properties to train on so I'm pretty anxious to get going . I will definitely see you in Michigan!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.