The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Training set back :(

Default Training set back :(

Got a call from the Pro I have my older puppy with, good news she finally lost that last puppy tooth Saturday. Bad news she broke a toe today. So it looks like we have 4 weeks of rest ahead. She turns 6 months old next week and was really doing well with her trainingher training. Bud had her through collar conditioning, obedience and she was ready for teaching hold now that her tooth is gone. Guess she's gonna have a month of force fetch and rest now since she's cant run for 4 weeks. Thankfully though it was only something minor, this time!

Quote Originally Posted by bigo181979 View Post
    Got a call from the Pro I have my older puppy with, good news she finally lost that last puppy tooth Saturday. Bad news she broke a toe today. So it looks like we have 4 weeks of rest ahead. She turns 6 months old next week and was really doing well with her trainingher training. Bud had her through collar conditioning, obedience and she was ready for teaching hold now that her tooth is gone. Guess she's gonna have a month of force fetch and rest now since she's cant run for 4 weeks. Thankfully though it was only something minor, this time!
    Sorry to hear, but understand training is life long to a dog.
    Rest easy...4 weeks is maybe a lifetime to us, but not to them.

Yeah I have to keep reminding myself, I am hoping to run derby's with her, and like anyone hoping she's the next Ammo., only better lol. So it's hard to turn the logical part back on sometimes. But again, all things considered I am lucky that's all it was.