The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tri-Tronics Pro 500 Intensity Levels

Default Tri-Tronics Pro 500 Intensity Levels

I just received my new Tri-Tronics collar. I am getting my equipment ready for my new BLF pup coming home mid-April. I called Tri-Tronics but didn't get a satisfactory answer and was told someone more knowledgable would call me back. They didin't.

My question is: What is a higher level of stimulation, Low 6 or Medium 1? Does the scale of intensity go #1 L, M, H; #2 L, M, H or
    Low 1 through 6; Medium 1 through 6; High 1 through 6?

This is a great site. Found my puppy on RTF and the input and advice is very benificial. Thanks for the help.

Scale goes from #1L #1M #1H #2L #2M #2H #3L #3M #3H and so on.
    Jesse

HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

Quote Originally Posted by thelast2 View Post
    I believe that is incorrect. My recollection is that a 2 high is higher than a 3 low; & is the same for all levels

Quote Originally Posted by thelast2 View Post
    You can't tell this isn't correct by using my collar in my own hand. I think (from the pain I experienced) that this is correct. I made it to about 3M nick and about a 2 low constant...well until I let go that is. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I believe that is incorrect. My recollection is that a 2 high is higher than a 3 low; & is the same for all levels
    It wouldn't make sense for Tri-tronics to place numbers on a controller, then advertise and tell everyone that for a given number the bottom button is low, the upper button is medium, and both buttons are high for each numbered level. Read the directions and the low, medium, high buttons are pointed out. Anything other than that would be much to confusing to both handler and dog and would defy the ease of use functionality of knowing where you're at on the collar without looking.

If it is other than what I stated, then their system is bogus and I'm sending my Pro 500xls back and requesting a refund. Perhaps others have been told that a 2 high is higher than a 3 lower, but you couldn't tell it from placing it on my leg. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    You can't tell this isn't correct by using my collar in my own hand. I think (from the pain I experienced) that this is correct. I made it to about 3M nick and about a 2 low constant...well until I let go that is. LOL!

It wouldn't make sense for Tri-tronics to place numbers on a controller, then advertise and tell everyone that for a given number the bottom button is low, the upper button is medium, and both buttons are high for each numbered level. Read the directions and the low, medium, high buttons are pointed out. Anything other than that would be much to confusing to both handler and dog and would defy the ease of use functionality of knowing where you're at on the collar without looking.

If it is other than what I stated, then their system is bogus and I'm sending my Pro 500xls back and requesting a refund. Perhaps others have been told that a 2 high is higher than a 3 lower, but you couldn't tell it from placing it on my leg. LOL!
    You are sitting there zapping yourself at each intensity level and telling someone else what makes sense
    Bill Davis

I corresponded with TT several months ago on this issue. They confirmed it is not sequential as in post #2. They were to send me the breakdown, but am I still waiting.
    Tom Dorroh

It does not matter, really , just use the lowest # that gets the quickest desired results. I find that a low three CAN be less aversive than a high 2. really depends on the individual , and the reaction and results .
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Here's the same topic discussed a few years ago: http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ntensity+level

I'm not sure if this will clear it up or muddy the topic for you though!

Chris
    "Determining and applying the criteria for when and when not to use correction is the essence of the art of dog training. I make a distinction between a mistake and a lack of effort." - Mike Lardy - Volume I "After Collar Conditioning"

My newer collar has a dead battery so I used my older 500XL with one of the old tester lights. The low button on any level is definitely weaker than the high button one level lower... Not even close.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    My newer collar has a dead battery so I used my older 500XL with one of the old tester lights. The low button on any level is definitely weaker than the high button one level lower... Not even close.
    This doesnt make any sense. Why would a 3 low be weaker than a 2 high?