The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Tri-Tronics Pro 500 Intensity Levels

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    As far as I know his first was in 2003. Perhaps I am wrong on this and shouldn't have mentioned it. I had a typo above and correct edited it.

I'm sure Evan will chime back in and let us know how long he's been at this.
    Doesn't make any difference, just saw 19 years ago in 2003... And thought dang I'm gettin old faster than I thought!
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Hoyt, I may be wrong, but I think the Tritronics collar is set up way different than you think it is, I believe it is close to a logrithmic scale such as the following. Rather than using volts or amps, I'll make up a unit called a "Yikes". Say a tenth of a Yike doesn't even register on a sleeping Chihuahua and a 100 electrcutes a raging Grizzly, here's how the collar is set up:

#1 Low = four tenths a Yike; Medium + four Yikes: and High = 40 Yikes
    #2 Low = .5 Yikes; Medium = 5 Yikes and High = 50 Yikes
    #3 Low = .6 Yikes; Medium = 6 Yikes and High = 60 Yikes
    #4 Low = .7 Yikes; Medium = 7 Yikes and High = 70 Yikes
    #5 Low = .8 Yikes; Medium = 8 Yikes and High = 80 Yikes
    #6 Low = .9 Yikes; Medium = 9 Yikes and High = 90 Yikes

Though I exaggerated the scale, this is the way it seems to work in real life to me, a high on any level seems to be a much greater degree of burn than simply turning up a number. I hope this helps,

John
    I like this. It should be on the TT box, or a sticky here.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

http://www.lcsupply.com/Tritronics-P...ctinfo/PRO500/

Read the description...18 levels of momentary, 18 levels of continuous. How do you proceed up the scale if the scale isn't in order? It is indeed in order, 1-18 just like the gears on a mountain bike. It can't get any more simple than that. I am being told here that a level 9 (3high)is higher than a level 10 (4low)and I disagree. It doesn't make sense to advertise 18 levels in one mode and 18 in another if they are not consecutive in each mode.
    Last edited by Hoytman; 03-04-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Read the description...18 levels of momentary, 18 levels of continuous. How do you proceed up the scale if the scale isn't in order? It is indeed in order, 1-18 just like the gears on a mountain bike. It can't get any more simple than that. I am being told here that a level 9 (3high)is higher than a level 10 (4low)and I disagree. It doesn't make sense to advertise 18 levels in one mode and 18 in another if they are not consecutive in each mode.
    All I can say from lots of experience is that you are wrong.

Hoyt, if you are this rigid over something like this, how can you train a dog? They have a brain and don't alway follow a plan right to the letter.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    All I can say from lots of experience is that you are wrong.
    I can live with your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hoyt, if you are this rigid over something like this, how can you train a dog? They have a brain and don't alway follow a plan right to the letter.
    How is explaining what I feel in my hand, and what I see on a lion country supply webpage...which by the way exactly matches the description on the Tri-tronics page...being rigid? I've just presented you some facts. Look at the description. By the way, you seemed to miss the post where I said I am not a dog trainer...at least I don't call myself one.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    You are sitting there zapping yourself at each intensity level and telling someone else what makes sense
    Yes, I zapped myself.

I speak from knowing how my collar felt AND it matches, as best as I can recall, how the collar is advertised...with 18 levels on each mode. It's not easily forgotten how hard an e-collar can hit on certain levels. May I ask what part of that lion country supply link doesn't make sense? That page identically matches the Tri-tronic page. All anyone has to do is take a look at both pages. No where does it say on those pages that the levels aren't consecutive. Nowhere does the instruction or the advertisment say, "Oh yeah, by the way, when you get to a 5H don't forget that it's hotter than a 6 Low".

May I ask:
    What is the highest level on a Pro500?

The answer is a 6 high, which by the way is level 18, the exact highest level advertised and shown in the link provided and on the Tri-tronics site.

A 1 high would be level 3, then 2 high would be level 6, then 3 high would be level 9, then 4 high would be level 12, then 5 high would be level 15, and finally a 6 high would be level 18.

As of right now I have seen no written documented proof, that is made public from Tri-tronics, that levels overlap. So, I ask; What am I supposed to believe? I'll tell you. What I feel in my hand, the progression Mr. Graham showed us, and what Tri-tronics shows in advertising. Does that make sense to anyone? Is it unreasonable for me to believe that?

I suppose that because I take the time to try and explain what I've felt in my own hands, explain what I see in an advertisement, explain that I proceeded to cc to "here" just as Mr. Graham does it in his dvd, trying to be helpful while being respectful, that I'm being rigid.

Explaining this in writing may seem hard, reading and comprehending it may seem even harder to some. What I learned from Mr. Graham's dvd's as it relates to the progressive increasing of cc to the "here" command is NOT hard at all. It's easy as pie. It's much easier to understand and do than it was to try and explain this to you folks.

Respectfully bowing out...
    Last edited by Hoytman; 03-04-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Not a dog trainer... Hmmm. Just likes the stimulation I guess.
    Bill Davis

.......Yes, I zapped myself........... What I learned from Mr. Graham.............

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post

That's just too much...
    Bill Davis