The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: History Lesson

Default History Lesson

As history repeats -

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    ~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany

Masters of bullshit using kids as political human shields.

PS: Do we always trust left handed persons?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

They are suppose to be right minded.

Hmm.. I thought that most if not all firearms were baned soon after WW1, or were at least highly restricted. I think that all the tools/laws that Hitler needed to disarm his opponents were already on the books when he came into power. and he chose how to enforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As history repeats -

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    [SIZE=5]~Adolph Hitler, 1935, on The Weapons Act of Nazi Germany[/SIZE

Masters of bullshit using kids as political human shields.

PS: Do we always trust left handed persons?

This is a good link To go along with your quote.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rrjU-H...yer_detailpage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    This is a good link To go along with your quote.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rrjU-H...yer_detailpage
    That link may have gotten pulled, but it was no doubt a reference to those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it. At this point in life...especially now in the 21st century...there is nothing, it seems, lower on the totum pole than history and the need to return to it for guidence. We are loaded with 'temporal provincials'...especially under the meaning of a narrow-minded, or unsophisticated person...That were frequently associated with the Neville Chamberlain ilk prior to WWII. We see them now following this regime in America...those that I find to be the 'fools' on this nation, willing to completely ignore the past, and take pride in that stand. These 'fools' are the SFN and OWS crowds. They are not only the unprincipled, but they consider themselves "entitled", and wouldn't know how to be an honest American if it jumped up and bit them in the ass.

BTW, just to show how words get twisted out of proportion and meaning, what is today's 'conservative' in America, was definitely bastardized by the so-called British conservative, Neville Chamberlain. He may have been associated with the conservative party in G.B., but he was nothing more than what we would call today, a RINO at best, but also a treasonous coward, appeaser, a cave-in toad, worthy of zero respect and fodder for impeachment. There was no way he could be at any time considered to be a "conservative"...or even by today's standard, a Republican. And heaven forbid if he could be one of Franco's favs...that basterdly neo-con.

Comes now the $64,000 question...Where do you think a politician like Ron Paul would have aligned up in that time warp...and had Franco been alive and of voting age at that time, whom would he have had allegience to then????? Just asking? The answer is the old addage...politics makes strange bedfellows.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

I'm still looking forward to your answer to my question, Franco. Or mebbe you can have your newest surrogate, Mudminnow give us his views concerning the Neville Chamberlain appeasement philosophy towards Hitler, as he attempted to ignore Hitler's impending war against England. While he rallied a variety of passive constituents, like Obama, his philosophy of "talk and be friendly" had noe effect then, and Obama's sending planes to Egypt as a form of appeasement will have about the same eventual outcome, I fear.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I'm still looking forward to your answer to my question, Franco. Or mebbe you can have your newest surrogate, Mudminnow give us his views concerning the Neville Chamberlain appeasement philosophy towards Hitler, as he attempted to ignore Hitler's impending war against England. While he rallied a variety of passive constituents, like Obama, his philosophy of "talk and be friendly" had noe effect then, and Obama's sending planes to Egypt as a form of appeasement will have about the same eventual outcome, I fear.

UB
    I have always stated that RP was a Lord Chamberlain/Timothy Leary/Angry Old Man combo.

To date that is undisputed.
    Stan b & Elvis

That link may have gotten pulled, but it was no doubt a reference to those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it. At this point in life...especially now in the 21st century...there is nothing, it seems, lower on the totum pole than history and the need to return to it for guidence. We are loaded with 'temporal provincials'...especially under the meaning of a narrow-minded, or unsophisticated person...That were frequently associated with the Neville Chamberlain ilk prior to WWII. We see them now following this regime in America...those that I find to be the 'fools' on this nation, willing to completely ignore the past, and take pride in that stand. These 'fools' are the SFN and OWS crowds. They are not only the unprincipled, but they consider themselves "entitled", and wouldn't know how to be an honest American if it jumped up and bit them in the ass.

BTW, just to show how words get twisted out of proportion and meaning, what is today's 'conservative' in America, was definitely bastardized by the so-called British conservative, Neville Chamberlain. He may have been associated with the conservative party in G.B., but he was nothing more than what we would call today, a RINO at best, but also a treasonous coward, appeaser, a cave-in toad, worthy of zero respect and fodder for impeachment. There was no way he could be at any time considered to be a "conservative"...or even by today's standard, a Republican. And heaven forbid if he could be one of Franco's favs...that basterdly neo-con.

Comes now the $64,000 question...Where do you think a politician like Ron Paul would have aligned up in that time warp...and had Franco been alive and of voting age at that time, whom would he have had allegience to then????? Just asking? The answer is the old addage...politics makes strange bedfellows.

UB
    What makes this difficult to answer is that the times have changed. No longer do uniformed armies fight against one another.

We are fighting an ideology for ther most part, not another country. No country is perfect and our Foreign Policy has been horrible. Where do you wish to start UB, when we ousted the democratically elected ruler of Iran and replaced him with a tyrant, The Shah or our support of a terrorist regime like the one in Pakistan?

In regards tp RP, he served as a Medical Officer in the Air Force. He very much supported out efforts in WW2 through his writings, yet too young to serve. He often compares the validity of what we did in WW2 to our policy today of imposing our will on the rest of the world.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-05-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I think it is weird that, it seems for you, one of the main things that is proof is someone is a conservative or not is their warhawk behavior. I also think it is Ironic that the party that parades Christianity around so much is also the party that starts wars haphazardly and supports policies that can only kill innocents. RP, if i could guess, would be on the side of peace before war. Churchill was ready to jump in and bomb anyone who said Guten Tag.

History is written by the victors, and the victors did not like Chamberlain. Thanks to revisionists we see a different side of the Chamberlain story. One thing that I like about Chamberlain was his commitement to Peace and war after all pathways have closed. This is a principle of the "Just War Doctrine" that civilized nations tried to follow during times of conflict, but since Chamberlain was ousted for what would have been a war criminal if britain would have lost (Churchill) the Just war mentality has gone by the wayside since Churchill targeted civilians when he firebombed Berlin. World War 2 was not started by germany, it was started by the treaty of versaille and any historian would agree with that.

UB

UB

Another version same result and story.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HuddISPKaOI