The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: History Lesson

Dear MM...This is the most ignorant statement you've ev er posted. "World War 2 was not started by germany, it was started by the treaty of versaille and any historian would agree with that." That ranks right up there with the gobal warming advocates thast will be quick to lie that every scientist believes the American people are to blame for all the changes in the weather.

Please don't try your WWII revisionism on here...you will get called on it.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

That statement is not revisionism, the treaty of Versailles set up ww2. Excuse me for insulting your no questions asked view of history, you are starting to sound like a libertarian with the whole "if you don't agree with me you are ignorant" argument. Revisionism is important to anyone that seeks truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    I think it is weird that, it seems for you, one of the main things that is proof is someone is a conservative or not is their warhawk behavior. I also think it is Ironic that the party that parades Christianity around so much is also the party that starts wars haphazardly and supports policies that can only kill innocents. RP, if i could guess, would be on the side of peace before war. Churchill was ready to jump in and bomb anyone who said Guten Tag.

History is written by the victors, and the victors did not like Chamberlain. Thanks to revisionists we see a different side of the Chamberlain story. One thing that I like about Chamberlain was his commitement to Peace and war after all pathways have closed. This is a principle of the "Just War Doctrine" that civilized nations tried to follow during times of conflict, but since Chamberlain was ousted for what would have been a war criminal if britain would have lost (Churchill) the Just war mentality has gone by the wayside since Churchill targeted civilians when he firebombed Berlin. World War 2 was not started by germany, it was started by the treaty of versaille and any historian would agree with that.
    Dose not the civilian population make the guns, bullets, planes, tanks, and everything else that the military needs for war. This would make them a prime target in my opinion. Some so called revisionists also claim that the Holocaust never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    Dose not the civilian population make the guns, bullets, planes, tanks, and everything else that the military needs for war. This would make them a prime target in my opinion. Some so called revisionists also claim that the Holocaust never happened.
    So were the twin towers a prime target and there is no problem that terrorists targeted them? What you just stated is a scary example of the moral decline of our culture where it is ok and commonplace to kill non-combabtants, women and children in warfare.

The holocaust did happen, there is good revisionism that is based on fact, and there is bad revisionism

Had we carpet-bombed mecca it might have been an example of our cultures decline, we did not. What they did to the towers defines their culture not ours. People have always killed people, the fact that most of our crime rates have gone down in the last few decades would not reflect a population in moral decline.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    That statement is not revisionism, the treaty of Versailles set up ww2. Excuse me for insulting your no questions asked view of history, you are starting to sound like a libertarian with the whole "if you don't agree with me you are ignorant" argument. Revisionism is important to anyone that seeks truth.
    I'll just ad that the first thing Hitler did when he got to Versailles was to blow up the railroad car that the treaty was signed in. There is zero doubt that the Germans had some very hard feelings regarding the treaty and what it was doing to the German people and thier economy after WW1.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Had we carpet-bombed mecca it might have been an example of our cultures decline, we did not. What they did to the towers defines their culture not ours. People have always killed people, the fact that most of our crime rates have gone down in the last few decades would not reflect a population in moral decline.
    If we are using crime rate in determining our moral status in the world, the U.S. is not going to be judged all that well.

I'm sure Hiroshima and Nagasaki would have chosen carpet bombing to atomic bombing. We don't have a great track record.

If we are so bad, why are you guys here enjoying what the country has to offer? I sure tire of people bashing the country, but wanting more from it.
    Bill Davis

I am not bashing but trying to ask questions that We should all wrestle with. We try to act like we are morally superior in our foreign policy and everyone else is crazy. We are called unpatriotic when we question our military tactics. And if we question historical "facts" that have force fed since grade school we are called ignorant (see previous posts). I love America, but more importantly I love my faith and if I have to choose between being patriotic and not questioning anything or holding onto the teachings of Christ, I am choosing Christ. He preaches a gospel of peace and liberty, and told others about it. If you want to know why i lean libertarian and question our policies, it's because of the gospel message and grace.