The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: History Lesson

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    The japs had no regard for the folks at Pearl Harbor , neither did FDR who knew about it and warned no one there. I am not arrogant, I know I might be wrong about a lot of stuff. In fact being open to other views have made me a lot more humble. I have to question your attack on what seems to be my theology. And equating the Old Testament and David's fighting with today's is dangerous and downright heretical. Israel them was gods army and god used them to execute judgement to nations, god also used other armies to execute his judgement on Israel when they disobeyed. There is no such thing as "god's army" anymore. There is no force in the world that is purely good trying to vanquish a pure evil. I may sound empathetic to the enemy and I will take that as a compliment, that way I can join the long line of other Christians who have turned the other cheek and blessed those who persecuted us. Am I a pacifist though, NO. We should fight in defense of our country, no in the offense in other people's country.

I am sorry but we will have to disagree on the atomic bomb. I cannot morally justify the killing of innocents to supposively save militants. Japan was ready for surrender, we had a few bombs and we were itching to use them. You won't agree with that but there are just as many or more historians that come to that conclusion over than the old it saved more lives than it took argument.

If we are to be a country of high morals, we need to keep our standard high in all that we do. Sorry for my perceived arrogance, but there is little humility ever present in an internet forum. I really do enjoy debating and learn a lot from you and others that think I am as dumb as a brick

You are becoming quite the enigma, MM. You claim to be some form of Christian, but seem to have no respect for GOD in your posts. Is this your idea of a putdown, or are you too inept in realizing the real God you refer to is to be capitalized in the context which you are writing?

I'm sorry, but I find you to be very conflicted. You really need to put together some basic consistant principled beliefs, before you rant about others not having your ideas and affiliations. Lacking real foundations makes you just vacillate among some form of whimsical feel-good philosophy. Once you have gottne past the stage of feeling picked on and abused, you may take that thought of being humble and developing some concrete views that are properly principled and can be repeated whenever they are brought into question. Short of that, you are no better than the linguini-spined MOR type that can flip-flop on a whim, and has no reason for what they believe other than folly.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    You are becoming quite the enigma, MM. You claim to be some form of Christian, but seem to have no respect for GOD in your posts. Is this your idea of a putdown, or are you too inept in realizing the real God you refer to is to be capitalized in the context which you are writing?

I'm sorry, but I find you to be very conflicted. You really need to put together some basic consistant principled beliefs, before you rant about others not having your ideas and affiliations. Lacking real foundations makes you just vacillate among some form of whimsical feel-good philosophy. Once you have gottne past the stage of feeling picked on and abused, you may take that thought of being humble and developing some concrete views that are properly principled and can be repeated whenever they are brought into question. Short of that, you are no better than the linguini-spined MOR type that can flip-flop on a whim, and has no reason for what they believe other than folly.

UB
    UB - Kudo's for your thoughtful post. I really have an issue with those who have never placed themselves in harm's way postulating about what should have been. & to have the gall to say I served by enriching myself! frigging .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Sorry about the capitalization. Usually I do but smartphones and iPads make it annoying. Thankfully I believe in a God who doesn't need capitalization to remain sovereign.