The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Racial entitlement...

  1. #1
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,150

    Default Racial entitlement...

    Is section 5 of the voting rights act 'racial entitlement' ? I'm curious.

    It seems no one discusses the daily politics anymore.

    While not a fanboy of BO, I hope he can change the face of the SCOTUS in the next few years. Scalia should be tarred, feathered, and put on a rail for his comments today. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Is section 5 of the voting rights act 'racial entitlement' ? I'm curious.

    It seems no one discusses the daily politics anymore.

    While not a fanboy of BO, I hope he can change the face of the SCOTUS in the next few years. Scalia should be tarred, feathered, and put on a rail for his comments today. JD
    As you quoted no link before going off - I'll venture a couple of comments.

    We are at a point in time that no one involved in the so-called attrocities supposedly visited on minorities are no longer around. So why should "racial entitlement" continue?

    Scalia is probably the heavyweight of heavyweights on the SCOTUS - your comments about him should get your mouth washed out with soap.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  3. #3
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,476

    Default

    If Obama changes the face of the Supreme Court, we are all in BIG trouble. I think you will see the second amendment gone, the first seriously damaged, and the same with the ninth and tenth.
    Last edited by HPL; 02-27-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    As you quoted no link before going off - I'll venture a couple of comments.

    We are at a point in time that no one involved in the so-called attrocities supposedly visited on minorities are no longer around. So why should "racial entitlement" continue? I live in a town with three banks. none have been robbed in fifty years. So we should do away with the laws against bank robbery?

    Scalia is probably the heavyweight of heavyweights on the SCOTUS - your comments about him should get your mouth washed out with soap. Yes, Mom
    Were not you the one begging for links on a previous post.

    [quote Marvin]"Contrary to what the resident curmudgeon states . Would someone post the link?

    From the 2-25-13 National Review an article "States of Conservatism" by John Hood begins with:
    Originally Posted by edited for brevity
    Inaugration day 2013 was a moment of jubilation for conservatives.

    I'm describing the inaugration of Pat McCrory, NC's 1st R governor in 20 years. One of the few bright spots of the election, it would show why this election in the 10th largest state got more attention than normal.

    In general, however, R success in state & local politics is an under reported story.

    Often without a great deal of national attention, conservatives have turned their election victories in many states into legislative victories. They cite specifically WI, MI & TX, with specific progress on fiscal & educational reform being made in other states.

    We should not be naive. New Republican governments at the state & local levels haven't always produced conservative leadership, & there is more work to do!



    & from Steve Forbes Fact & Comment column - could someone link? - (Steve would like us on a Gold standard with a Flat Tax) - the observation of 2 anniversaries, a praise of conservative governors & a comment about the Fed:
    Originally Posted by SF (edited)
    This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Federal Income Tax in February & the Federal Reserve system in December, both of which today do immeasurable harm. & thankfully, both will be undergoing enormous changes.

    A potshot at NJ, MA, IL, CA, MD & CT for their punishing taxes - & kudo's to Sam Brownback KS, Dave Heineman NE, Bobby Jindal LA, Pat McCrory NC, Mary Fallin OK & John Kasich OH.

    The Fed's ultra low interest rate policy is compared to rent control (I know personally it has made it hard to donate to worthy causes). Even the Bank of England has been voicing deep skepticism about the efficacy of QE.

    Being off the gold standard has been destructive of the world's financial systems.



    Anyway there is a lot of cause for optimism - but I'll pass this little tidbit on - when George Wallace conducted his 3rd party candidacy he got around 20% of the vote, in a different time when Ross Perot conducted his on again off again on again campaign he also got got around 20%, other fringe parties have gotten up to 5% of the vote. & we're supposed to buy the hogwash that the Libertarians are a viable party with 1% of the vote .

    The NR is espcially good this month with a couple of good articles on Immigration Reform. Have a great weekend, folks."[quote/ Marvin] .

    I attempted to post the links to NR for you but the online version would not allow, and since I don't have a paper copy here to scan and post...

    I'll post links when you learn how to...WTH here you go...

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...2df_story.html

    http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/27/scali...l-entitlement/

    I can do more...your call..JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 02-27-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #5
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    If Obama chages the face of the Supreme Court, we are all in BIG trouble. I think you will see the second amendment gone, the first seriously damaged, and the same with the ninth and tenth.
    Whether or not the changes to SCOTUS happen due to Obama or some future POTUS only time will tell. JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  6. #6
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Whether or not the changes to SCOTUS happen due to Obama or some future POTUS only time will tell. JD
    I really don't think we can take more than two of Obama's appointments to SCOTUS. I'm afraid these two will do enough damage. SCOTUS appointments was the main reason I opposed his reelection.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  7. #7
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I really don't think we can take more than two of Obama's appointments to SCOTUS. I'm afraid these two will do enough damage. SCOTUS appointments was the main reason I opposed his reelection.
    Define damage Mike. The current activist SCOTUS seems damaging enough. Scalia's comment that the 2006 re-activation of the voting rights should not have been left up to congress, and should not now be, Who makes the laws? The balance of powers between the three branchs seems to be more blurred then ever. Some seem to think the exectutive should unilaterally make and pass a budget.
    Civics classes for all regards, JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  8. #8
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Define damage Mike. The current activist SCOTUS seems damaging enough. Scalia's comment that the 2006 re-activation of the voting rights should not have been left up to congress, and should not now be, Who makes the laws? The balance of powers between the three branchs seems to be more blurred then ever. Some seem to think the exectutive should unilaterally make and pass a budget.
    Civics classes for all regards, JD
    Now that's funny!
    Bill Davis

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelbyville, Tn
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Define damage Mike. The current activist SCOTUS seems damaging enough. Scalia's comment that the 2006 re-activation of the voting rights should not have been left up to congress, and should not now be, Who makes the laws? The balance of powers between the three branchs seems to be more blurred then ever. Some seem to think the exectutive should unilaterally make and pass a budget.
    Civics classes for all regards, JD
    It depends on what the definition of "IS" is

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Were not you the one begging for links on a previous post.

    [quote Marvin]"Contrary to what the resident curmudgeon states . Would someone post the link?

    From the 2-25-13 National Review an article "States of Conservatism" by John Hood begins with:
    Originally Posted by edited for brevity
    Inaugration day 2013 was a moment of jubilation for conservatives.

    I'm describing the inaugration of Pat McCrory, NC's 1st R governor in 20 years. One of the few bright spots of the election, it would show why this election in the 10th largest state got more attention than normal.

    In general, however, R success in state & local politics is an under reported story.

    Often without a great deal of national attention, conservatives have turned their election victories in many states into legislative victories. They cite specifically WI, MI & TX, with specific progress on fiscal & educational reform being made in other states.

    We should not be naive. New Republican governments at the state & local levels haven't always produced conservative leadership, & there is more work to do!



    & from Steve Forbes Fact & Comment column - could someone link? - (Steve would like us on a Gold standard with a Flat Tax) - the observation of 2 anniversaries, a praise of conservative governors & a comment about the Fed:
    Originally Posted by SF (edited)
    This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Federal Income Tax in February & the Federal Reserve system in December, both of which today do immeasurable harm. & thankfully, both will be undergoing enormous changes.

    A potshot at NJ, MA, IL, CA, MD & CT for their punishing taxes - & kudo's to Sam Brownback KS, Dave Heineman NE, Bobby Jindal LA, Pat McCrory NC, Mary Fallin OK & John Kasich OH.

    The Fed's ultra low interest rate policy is compared to rent control (I know personally it has made it hard to donate to worthy causes). Even the Bank of England has been voicing deep skepticism about the efficacy of QE.

    Being off the gold standard has been destructive of the world's financial systems.



    Anyway there is a lot of cause for optimism - but I'll pass this little tidbit on - when George Wallace conducted his 3rd party candidacy he got around 20% of the vote, in a different time when Ross Perot conducted his on again off again on again campaign he also got got around 20%, other fringe parties have gotten up to 5% of the vote. & we're supposed to buy the hogwash that the Libertarians are a viable party with 1% of the vote .

    The NR is espcially good this month with a couple of good articles on Immigration Reform. Have a great weekend, folks."[quote/ Marvin] .

    I attempted to post the links to NR for you but the online version would not allow, and since I don't have a paper copy here to scan and post...

    I'll post links when you learn how to...WTH here you go...

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...2df_story.html

    http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/27/scali...l-entitlement/

    I can do more...your call..JD
    JD, I appreciate the links - Now, if you could learn how to quote (something so simple even I can do it ) so your post was not a word maze that would probably help make your point .
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •