RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

PPP whats next?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Handler Error 
#1 ·
I was just in tractor supply and saw they just got PPP in went over and saw the sport bag is now 26/14 instead of 30/20. Pretty soon we'll be buying a bag of air.

#2 ·
Hum that is upsetting... they raised the price and lowered the lbs per bag a year ago...and 4 months ago...totally redesigned the packages...and now they are downsizing the ingredients.... I guess I get to go back to taking the old label and looking for a similar/ close product.... Like buying soap...have you notice now the bars are more expensive...and they are concave in the back..so less soap to the bar? Us retired folk are getting hammered all the way around...bad enough our knees go...:(

#8 ·
Yes I was over Port Huron and bought a bag of PPP. Reasonable price there. You all need to buy a bag in Canada. There is a price increase.

And Pet Supplies Plus still had 30/20. I also noticed they had it in smaller bags which is interesting. I could buy some now on my way to tests bc border patrol sometimes don`t like you taking it across if the bags are open and not labelled made in USA.

They also had a lot of different levels or kinds of PPP, I would be interested in trying.

Still love the dog food. Great food. Dogs have good coats!:) Dislike the way the bag opens and closes (hard to keep fresh). PPP do you hear me!!!!

#10 ·
The bags make great bird bags when turned inside out. They are waterproof and keep the liquids inside the bag.
Yes I can see that. I use them on the ground when I use Bumper Boy in the winter. Work well. I just wished they closed better after you open them.

#5 ·
Note that there are 3 versions of Pro Plan Sport:

Pro Plan Sport All Life Stages Active 26/16
Pro Plan Sport All Life Stages Advanced 28/18
Pro Plan Sport All Life Stages Performance 30/20

#12 ·
I also made the mistake of picking up the 26/16 PPP the other day at PetSmart, when I got home I noticed and looked it up on the website to see if something had changed other than the packaging. Now saw there were 3 formulas...I took my bag back and got the 30/20. The ingredients are a little different so look carefully. Bags are still the same size 37.5lbs. I think that the 26/16 may be the old Adult Chicken and Rice (non-shredded) that they brought back a few years ago when a lot of people complained about the shredded blend. (I hated the Shredded blend) all my dogs lost weight on it. I switched to the Performance after they made the initial switch. Another thing I did notice is that the calories are higher for the 26/16 than they are for the 30/20? I thought that was odd?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.