The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crate Recomendation?

go with the large RTK, You won't be sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Beau, you will pay a little more, but Get the RTK!!! It is solid, one piece construction with great doors and ventilation. The owner of the company is great to deal with. I will never have another Petmate type in my truck again. Dropped an empty one off the tailgate at a stand still and it busted open. Plus RTK has all kinds of tie down and add-on options. Mud river makes covers that fit all size RTK's.
    Absolutely the best value in dog crates. I bought the 2 door model in the large size. My dog should top out at 75lbs. I have a 2010 F150 Super Crew cab and it fits in the back seat when 2 are folded up.
    Last edited by Dave Farrar; 03-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.

i've got the large and my CLM is right at 75 lbs. He's got a little more room than i thought he would. wish i would of had a dealer to test them before i bought mine. i might would of went with the intermediate for road trips as he can get thrown from side to side course that might be his handler's fancy driving skills. if its strictly a house kennel then large is the way to go. if he wouldnt chew every floor covering i've put down then he would have something to grip so right now he's got smooth floors too though

but like everyone said well worth the money! get the handles kit if you are getting a large. i was gonna go with the tray but someone suggested handles and that was def the way to go as they are right around 50lbs

edit: i will say he has become smart when we go on trips that everything is a lot easier for him if he justs sit down so just like he has become "collar wise" he's also become "kennel wise". so the days of him actually getting thrown around are behind us
    Last edited by blake_mhoona; 03-04-2013 at 11:15 AM.

My dogs range from 65 tp 75 pounds and we have the intermediate. Since we use it for travel, (have a two hole box and ended up with three dogs) it is the perfect size for all of them as they have enough room to stand and turn around, but not so much that they can get thrown around! And for the record, I have not been to outer space. Seems like we just had a visitor from there for about 3 posts. Gone now. I do live in NM though, think I'm attracting them?
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Beau M. View Post
    This might be a dumb question but what size large or medium? She will be between 60-75 pounds
    My is 67
    lbs

Here is a video clip of my 80lbs 2 year old CLM getting into a RTK Intermediate kennel that I have in the back of my Chevy extended cab pickup. This guy is very tall and very long, and for travelling this size is perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edi...id=W275HVpqOW0
    Last edited by Meleagris1; 03-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Mud River Covers. They make several different kinds. I went to ND duck hunting in Oct & I live in FL Kept my dog outside in rearof SUV at night in low teens & snow. She was warm in mornings when I let her out. Mud Riverer covers have a lot of dog/handler pockets that help keep you organized.

Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    Beau, here is the link if you are still here after our message from outer space. What's up with THAT?

http://www.rufftoughkennels.com/Man-...gh-Kennel.html
    Superior customer service and our 3 kennels have worked great for us through weather in MI, ND and TX with many inbetweens. The meduim size also fits 3 wide in a full sized pickup bed.
    John C aka jacduck

"Duck hunter's minds are like concrete. All mixed up and permanently set."

Ok I got the intermediate crate with the handle kit!!

Thanks guys

Rought tough kennel. I got a large for my female golden. She is 8 months old and about 50 lbs, I think the size is perfect. Mud river makes pads and covers for them.