RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Field Trial history

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Criquetpas 
#1 ·
Heres another,can you name them. People Outerwear Jacket Tree Recreation

See less See more
#5 ·
I agree Nelson Sills. But where is his wife?

#6 ·
Heres another,can you name them. View attachment 11693
Left to right,Dad,Cotton,Nelson sills,Dr. Gene Starkloff (spelling)
Interesting fact,Dr. Gene wrote a book Make it happen captain........If you can find it a lot of history.

#8 ·
Dr. Gene Starkloff - Interesting fact,Dr. Gene wrote a book Make it happen captain........If you can find it a lot of history.
At the time, made several unhappy with his frank assessments of the sport in the book. It's a good read & I have one somewhere :cool:.

#11 ·
#12 ·
nice purchase!!!! Almost as good as that lottery ticket!

Chris

#17 ·
At least I might actually get something outta this one...

#15 ·
What did you guys think of it? I bought it more than ten years ago. I tried to read it and made it about half way or so and put it down never, so far at least, to be picked up again.

I found it to be very opinionated with opinions that were at least 20 years out of date for that time 10 years ago.

I keep swearing I'll pick it up and read it someday but so far the someday hasn't come.

#18 ·
I found it to be very opinionated with opinions that were at least 20 years out of date for that time 10 years ago.
That is the first half, in which he seems to grind axes with half the FT community at the time. It would have been great if I had a clue who any of the folks were (as long as I wasn't one of them)

I do remember some of the "opinions/complaints" were very similar to those of today.
Much of the second half. Same thing struck me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.