RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Kaymar Starters Pistol

3K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  8mmag 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchess a NIB KayMar Starters Pistol.
This is a revolver type that uses 209 primers.
I know very little about this company.
I'm asking any of you that may have some knowledge or use of this product
to please take the time and share it with me.
Thank You

#3 ·
one of my training buddies passed away a few years back. his widow is a wonderful friend and wanted me to have his kimar starter pistol.

i keep it in my box as a perfect reminder of my friend.......he only trained about one out of every five times he was asked!;-)

#6 ·
Someone in our training group had one, same as other have said. GunX is the way to go...

#7 ·
It sucks that it costs $200 for a starter pistol that actually works.
But, it costs $200 for a starter pistol that actually works.

#15 ·
Charles, I finally figured out that it wasn't really you in your previous Avatar. Now a new not you. How about a real picture of you?

#17 ·
Im on my 3rd starter pistol. Don't remember the brand names on the first two but I do remember that they both had issues from pretty much day one. AND they both just fell apart in my hands. I now own a gun-x and we have fired a little over 200 primers through it so far and not a single issue. In starter pistols you get what you pay for.

Lonnie

#18 ·
The only thing good I can say about the Kimar is that Basspro stood by the warranty and replaced 3 for me . After the 4th I gave up and got a GunX. We put a lot of primers through our guns and the GunX has been great. When I had a problem, it was fixed under warranty no questions asked. We have also used Olympia which just can't take the pounding. I have an Alpha which I had to have repaired as well ( the gun smith was not impressed with the quality of it). I just keep it for back up. We have friends that are still using the old New England Firearms guns. I have ask them to leave me theirs in their wills They were a real workhorse of a pistol but like all things of quality they are now gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.