19 54.29%
  • Franco

12 34.29%
  • Zeus

4 11.43%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: RTF'r for president

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    You also need to recognize that Franco is acting like the rookie he is when it comes to the reality of managing others who are not about to give in without a fight.
    The word is "reality" Marv. Something you have been out of touch with for some time now.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I am not much in the over all scheme of things, but I donated time and a little money to Scott Walker here in WI.
    I believe in him and what he has done for my state overall.
    BTW--The guy I support as best as I can, Scott Walker, has done more by himself in our tiny insignificant state of WI than the entire Libertarian movement put together.

Again, I ask you, WHAT have they ACCOMPLISHED????
    Last edited by road kill; 03-06-2013 at 07:58 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Is Pat Paulson still around?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    You just never know where RTF'ers will take things but I was going for some humor.
    I wanted to mention that I personally do not find this humorous.
    I wouldn't run against Franco or zeus.
    I will argue religion and politics with them, but I feel they are both fine men and quality guys.
    I think 2 of us will come up short and the one that wins will likely be doing a fair amount of gloating, as though this matters.
    I think there will be a bit of injured pride for the 2 that lose, likely myself and zeus.
    I don't think any of the 3 of us are losers.

I would find it difficult to describe exactly what either of those 2 men stand for exactly on every issue.
    I am confident neither of them could accurately describe my positions either.
    I would imagine that if it came to it, we would all 3 be shoulder to shoulder to defend our country if that call came.

I try to stand by my convictions, I try to keep my explanations brief, clear and relevant.
    I try also to remain consistant.
    Much gets lost in the transfer of information on the internet due to the lack of hearing inflection and seeing body language.

Often, the last post of a thread is read and responded to without an understanding of the context.
    More often than not, no one reads and comprehends, they just wait for their turn to post.
    I do read much of what is posted, but I myself am guilty of this from time too time as well.

Not criticizing, just the way it is.
    Last edited by road kill; 03-06-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    I am so impressed. Marvin has beaten the man considered the greatest invester, well ever, and considers the greatest invester, well ever, a typical big money democrat. Dang is your middle name S. and your last name perhaps Vanderbilt, Hilton, or Belmont? You have to be old money to make the statements you just made. Give up their profits in exchange for the taxes they pay? Please really
    Tim, I really don't care what you believe - I am just stating some facts - Buffett gets deals not available to most - the open market is available to all - even guys at my level - He is not that great - check the edit - if you believe him anything but a big money demo, then you need to open your eyes. We've had this discussion before on this forum, I'm one of the few on this forum that believes in American exceptionalism, & put our meager savings toward that goal, do you invest? - this morning I get to keep score as the market (Dow) hit a new high yesterday & is a measure of how one does - but in 2007 dollars the market is at 12,980, so it shows how much purchasing power has left the little guy.

As for the oil guys, check it out - don't belittle some one else's knowledge unless you have some yourself . Impressing JD should not be a goal .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

RK is still in the lead. No dead people voting while the thread was gone?
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    The only person qualified to run for President from RTF is Chris Atkinson. He has proven to be level-headed and quite adept at dealing with the problem children and instant gratification crowd on here. I believe he would have no problem with Congress and the instant gratification demanding populace.

I'm writing him in.......
    Perhaps, but neither inclined nor constitutionally suited; that's why we have POTUS and why we don't see him here.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Is it to late to nominate another candidate?
    Mankind has a way of making a mess of anything they touch!
    Id like to nominate one of our Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom. P. View Post
    Is it to late to nominate another candidate?
    Mankind has a way of making a mess of anything they touch!
    Id like to nominate one of our Dogs.
    My dog, Zeus, is running. Put a dog in the House.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Franco doesn't get a bump from Rand's heroics?
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH