19 54.29%
  • Franco

12 34.29%
  • Zeus

4 11.43%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RTF'r for president

Quote Originally Posted by duk4me View Post
    No that is what I referenced. The main thing I saw in his post was no tax money to financing anything, I paraphrase, let the private sector pay for it. You are advocating tax incentives for refineries. Right under our feet we have energy independence. A clean burning, cheap resource, that will not require subsidies to Exxon etc. if we let Capitalism take its course.

Sorry RK the tax incentives to major oil companies is why we are hostage to them now.
    So, the day you elect Franco, you think he cuts them.

I know better..............it takes time to exact change, that is the way the republic is designed.
    WE didn't get here over night and it will NOT get fixed over night!
    Wether the Libertarians want to admit it or not, they are part of the problem as well.

I told a so called "conservative" friend of mine to stop coming into my office and whining about what the progressives have done.

WE (myself included) let this happen.
    The secular progressives get it, Rome wasn't built in a day.
    They just keep chipping away, piice by piece they get small advances, we never get anything back.

AS the party of personal responsibilty sat by and waited for someone else to fix the problem.
    And the Libertarians criticized and did even less.

Nope, to act like not voting is a solid effort for change is laughable.

I am not much in the over all scheme of things, but I donated time and a little money to Scott Walker here in WI.
    I believe in him and what he has done for my state overall.

I also donated some cash to Romney, I beleive him to be a decent honorable man that could have had an effect on our economy.

No candidate is perfect, but I have never seen one less perfect than the current occupant of the Whitehouse.

We are staring Marxism in the eye folks.
    Last edited by road kill; 03-05-2013 at 03:59 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Stan,

This is one of the few threads on potus that actually has provided personal opinions and not party rhetoric. I appreciate it.

Even though I think the thread was started for humor I am enjoying it and I hope more will join in to the debate.

Tim
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

Stan,

This is one of the few threads on potus that actually has provided personal opinions and not party rhetoric. I appreciate it.

Even though I think the thread was started for humor I am enjoying it and I hope more will join in to the debate.

Tim
    What I post are my opinions and nothing more.
    Opinions are like...........well you know.

I can't help it that they are always right!!!!

I have been to alot of places, I have seen and done a lot of things many have only read about.
    I believe I have earned the right to have them....................I also understand that each of us have traveled our own seperate paths to get where we are.
    Last edited by road kill; 03-06-2013 at 04:36 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Stan,

Tim
    You just never know where RTF'ers will take things but I was going for some humor.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    You just never know where RTF'ers will take things but I was going for some humor.
    Oh go fish haha.

Oh go fish haha.
    In a barrel with my over-under, Biden approved of course!

Buffet has mentioned going to CNG for his Burlington RR Co. Engines. A move to energy self reliance in the all important shipping industry.

RK your rebuttal

BTW might not be a bad sector to look at for stock investmensts the old boy hasn't been wrong much.
    Remember Buffett's billfold stock, we owned it before he did & still do. I've been involved with several companies Buffett has bought. While I do not have his resources I can recognize value. We owned CMH before he used the inheritance tax to steal the company. We own BAC, wish we could get the deal Buffett got. I was looking at BNSF when he bought it, thought it to be overpriced, have beaten him on a couple of deals like that. No one is infallible but I like Patrick Johndrow's opinion of him best. You need to spend a little less time with those chickens & read more about the little SOB. He's a typical big money democrat.

edit - When you buy something from a company he owns "caveat emptor", they will chisel you on something - from experience.

No that is what I referenced. The main thing I saw in his post was no tax money to financing anything, I paraphrase, let the private sector pay for it. You are advocating tax incentives for refineries. Right under our feet we have energy independence. A clean burning, cheap resource, that will not require subsidies to Exxon etc. if we let Capitalism take its course.

Sorry RK the tax incentives to major oil companies is why we are hostage to them now.

Good Lord you did alot of editing lol
    I am sure the energy folks would be more than willing to forgo their profits in exchange for the taxes they pay to the various government agencies . Again you might read about the depletion allowance & why it exists, the methods of recovering costs allowed them & the risk reward ratio they are dealing with.

You also need to recognize that Franco is acting like the rookie he is when it comes to the realty of managing others who are not about to give in without a fight.
    Last edited by Marvin S; 03-06-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Remember Buffett's billfold stock, we owned it before he did & still do. I've been involved with several companies Buffett has bought. While I do not have his resources I can recognize value. We owned CMH before he used the inheritance tax to steal the company. We own BAC, wish we could get the deal Buffett got. I was looking at BNSF when he bought it, thought it to be overpriced, have beaten him on a couple of deals like that. No one is infallible but I like Patrick Johndrow's opinion of him best. You need to spend a little less time with those chickens & read more about the little SOB. He's a typical big money democrat.

? I am so impressed. Marvin has beaten the man considered the greatest invester, well ever, and considers the greatest invester, well ever, a typical big money democrat. Dang is your middle name S. and your last name perhaps Vanderbilt, Hilton, or Belmont? You have to be old money to make the statements you just made. Give up their profits in exchange for the taxes they pay? Please really

I am sure the energy folks would be more than willing to forgo their profits in exchange for the taxes they pay to the various government agencies . Again you might read about the depletion allowance & why it exists, the methods of recovering costs allowed them & the risk reward ratio they are dealing with.

You also need to recognize that Franco is acting like the rookie he is when it comes to the realty of managing others who are not about to give in without a fight.
    I am so impressed. Marvin has beaten the man considered the greatest invester, well ever, and considers the greatest invester, well ever, a typical big money democrat. Dang is your middle name S. and your last name perhaps Vanderbilt, Hilton, or Belmont? You have to be old money to make the statements you just made. Give up their profits in exchange for the taxes they pay? Please really

I am so impressed. Marvin has beaten the man considered the greatest invester, well ever, and considers the greatest invester, well ever, a typical big money democrat. Dang is your middle name S. and your last name perhaps Vanderbilt, Hilton, or Belmont? You have to be old money to make the statements you just made. Give up their profits in exchange for the taxes they pay? Please really
    Thanks Tim and a mighty-mouse laff, JD

Last edited by JDogger; 03-05-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

If the world is right M&K will be here with a broom. G'night.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift