1. Contact any local retriever breed club
2. Contact any local rod and gun club-Offer to help them get started in dog training. At least you will have people throwing bumpers for you.
3. Don't be afraid to travel. I recently traveled 125 miles to get a training day with flyers.
4. Put up flyers in the local bait/tackle/hunting stores.
5. Ask people working in above stores.
6. Learn to do some training by yourself. I do some training myself in NYC.
7. Contact any retriever club within a 200 mile radius. They might have some contacts in your area.
8. Advertise on here. I know that some people are making contacts on here and I have offered help to more than a few on here.