The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Garmin Delta Collars

Default Garmin Delta Collars

Those that have Garmin Delta Collars, what are the good and the bad about them and would you buy another one? Are they too complicated to operate easily?

Try the search feature, plenty of discussions about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Those that have Garmin Delta Collars, what are the good and the bad about them and would you buy another one? Are they too complicated to operate easily?

I have the garmin delta and have been using it now for a few weeks... I'm overall pretty happy with it, but if I could change anything about it I would like to see the level of stimulation dial larger with distinct clicks so levels could be changed with out looking at the collar. Im not to familiar with other collars and the levels of correction or stimulation but I know that for my male black lab a little more stimulation range would be nice. That being said my female lab doesn't need more than a two or three setting to get her thinking. It all depends on your dog.
    Just my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Pro's; compact design
    Con's; too many features/combinations v/c/m, c/c/m, v/p/c/m, have to read and have owners manuel on person in field to remember all of them.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Now I am not a full time trainer but I love the collar. Get it set where you want your levels and go. Seems durable and easy to use. Hunted in the pouring down rain and had no issues at all with it.
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)

Quote Originally Posted by H.fairhurst View Post
    I have the garmin delta and have been using it now for a few weeks... I'm overall pretty happy with it, but if I could change anything about it I would like to see the level of stimulation dial larger with distinct clicks so levels could be changed with out looking at the collar. Im not to familiar with other collars and the levels of correction or stimulation but I know that for my male black lab a little more stimulation range would be nice. That being said my female lab doesn't need more than a two or three setting to get her thinking. It all depends on your dog.
    Just my two cents...
    What dial are you talking about? There's only buttons on the one I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad B View Post
    What dial are you talking about? There's only buttons on the one I see.
    Sorry, correct no dial just the buttons It would be nicer in my opinion to have a dial rather than the little buttons that you need watch to be sure of which way your going. Not that big of a deal though.

Yea that's one of my rubs with discontinuing the Sport collars. Never had to look at that dial to tell what level you were on, not so with the "new better" stuff. Not a fan of them.

I dont adjust the settings differently my dog is a little soft so light nick will do the trick. I set it on the setting I want and leave it there and on for when I do need it.
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)