The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul pulling a REAL Filibuster!

Default Rand Paul pulling a REAL Filibuster!

Good for him! Someone taking a stand....
    Bill Davis

Go Rand Go.....
    "Women are like labradors...,they all have their quarks."~Phil Robertson

Evidently, this story is getting pretty big.
    What Paul is saying is really pissing the wrong people off.

Maybe someone else can grow a set of balls and step up as well!!

The time is NOW!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Looks like Ted Cruz is helping him out...
    Bill Davis

(h/t Mediaite.com): On Wednesday, testifying before a Senate panel, Holder was prodded repeatedly about this assertion by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). Holder eventually admitted that it would not be constitutional to execute an American citizen without due process.RELATED: Obama Administration: Yes, The President Can Drone Strike Americans On U.S. Soil…
    “In your legal judgment, does the Constitution allow a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil to be killed by a drone?” Cruz asked Holder pointedly.
    “For sitting in a café and having a cup of coffee?” Holder replied. Cruz clarified that his hypothetical individual subject to a drone strike did not pose an “imminent and immediate threat of death and bodily harm,” but that person is suspected to be a terrorist.
    “I would not think that that would be an appropriate use of any kind of lethal force,” Holder replied.
    “With all respect, Gen. Holder, my question wasn’t about appropriateness or prosecutorial discretion. It was a simple legal question,” Cruz clarified.
    “This is a hypothetical, but I would not think, that in that situation, the use of a drone or lethal force would not be appropriate,” Holder replied.
    “I have to tell you I find it remarkable that in that hypothetical, which is deliberately very simple, you are not able to give a simple, one-word answer: no,” Cruz added. He said he think that his scenario would constitute a “deprivation of life without due process.”
    Holder agreed and added that lethal force in Cruz’s case “would not be appropriate.”
    “You keep saying appropriate – my question isn’t about propriety,” Cruz goaded. “My question is about whether something is constitutional or not.”
    When Cruz was about to abandon his line of questioning after a number of equivocations from Holder, the attorney general clarified that he was saying “no” such actions would not be constitutional.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Marco Rubio at the plate.
    Bill Davis

This is Great! I hope he breaks Strom thurmond's record of over 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    This is Great! I hope he breaks Strom thurmond's record of over 24 hours
    Strom wasn't trying to filibuster though, he was just trying to get through the paragraph and kept falling asleep.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

From CBS.com

Paul, an outspoken libertarian, pointed to what he called the abuses of executive power and civil liberties under Obama's administration. In particular, he objected to the contents of a letter he received from Attorney General Eric Holder that asserted the U.S. government had the legal authority to kill a U.S. citizen on American soil.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................

Got to love it when a Libertarian takes charge and leads the way for the others to follow.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    From CBS.com

Paul, an outspoken libertarian, pointed to what he called the abuses of executive power and civil liberties under Obama's administration. In particular, he objected to the contents of a letter he received from Attorney General Eric Holder that asserted the U.S. government had the legal authority to kill a U.S. citizen on American soil.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................

Got to love it when a Libertarian takes charge and leads the way for the others to follow.
    Uh... Actually he's a Republican senator (in case you haven't noticed) with (small L) libertarian beliefs. Even the article you quoted uses the small "l". The filibuster actually looks more like a gathering of Tea Party faithful. Paul, Cruz and Rubio... Who's next?
    Bill Davis