The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul pulling a REAL Filibuster!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Uh... Actually he's a Republican senator (in case you haven't noticed) with (small L) libertarian beliefs. Even the article you quoted uses the small "l". The filibuster actually looks more like a gathering of Tea Party faithful. Paul, Cruz and Rubio... Who's next?
    We will take the Tea Party support! Afterall, they aren't a real political party, just voters. Given the choice in 2015 between the Dems and Repubs candidates, I think the Teas will vote Rand's bid as a Libertarian candidate. It wouldn't disappoint me if he got the Repub nomination but, I don't see that happening
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

He's darn sure not going to throw his hat in with the 1% of the vote the libertarians bring along. He's already shown that he's smarter than that.
    Bill Davis

Who's next?
    Sen Wyden, D, Ore
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW http://www.sagaciouskennel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HarryWilliams View Post
    Sen Wyden, D, Ore
    Not a surprise - this is an issue that he is tuned into. Be interesting to see what the folks from OR think of him, normal folks not the hippies .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

So let me get this straight. According to NPR, Rand said that he doesn't oppose the nomination that he's filibustering and doesn't even expect to stop it. He's doing it to try to get information from the White House about the drone program.

So, essentially, he's holding up a government process that has a known outcome to make a point.

Yep. That's the government way I want my government to work. Oh, wait. No, it's not. I want the government to work together to run the country. Can't happen today with Rand at the dais.

Jim, I believe Brennan has expressed that he believes the use of drones on US soil is okey dokey. And he would be head of the CIA. I'm not sure he has said he will vote for Brennan's confirmation.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by jim_de_hunter View Post
    So let me get this straight. According to NPR, Rand said that he doesn't oppose the nomination that he's filibustering and doesn't even expect to stop it. He's doing it to try to get information from the White House about the drone program.

So, essentially, he's holding up a government process that has a known outcome to make a point.

Yep. That's the government way I want my government to work. Oh, wait. No, it's not. I want the government to work together to run the country. Can't happen today with Rand at the dais.
    Welcome to RTF Jim... Kind of unusual for someone to join the forum and jump right on Potus page. You have any dogs?
    Bill Davis

Not that simple if you consider the killing of US citizens on US soil without due process unConstitutional and could be abused. We are a nation of laws and not subjects to a king.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Welcome to RTF Jim... Kind of unusual for someone to join the forum and jump right on Potus page. You have any dogs?

I've got Harvey the Wonderdog. He's an 11 year-old yellow Lab with minimal drive so I haven't tested or trialed him. However, he's still helped us recover ducks we've would have otherwise lost when hunting. My wife just put a deposit on a Flat-Coat that was born Superbowl Sunday. We're supposed to pick him up on Good Friday.

My Grandfather ran FT Beagles for years I just loved it. I'm looking to get back into the dog game with this Flat-Coat.
    Last edited by jim_de_hunter; 03-07-2013 at 04:28 AM. Reason: grammer

I've got Harvey the Wonderdog. He's an 11 year-old yellow Lab with minimal drive so I haven't tested or trialed him. However, he's still helped us recover ducks we've would have otherwise lost when hunting. My wife just put a deposit on a Flat-Coat that was born Superbowl Sunday. We're supposed to pick him up on Good Friday.

My Grandfather ran FT Beagles for years I just loved it. I'm looking to get back into the dog game with this Flat-Coat.
    Where is your flattie coming from?
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH