The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul pulling a REAL Filibuster!

I applaud Sen Paul for taking a stand that I think every American should be interested in. As I have said before if the American President whether a Democrat or a Republican has the power to be judge, jury and executioner what authority doesn't he have.
    I do remember a few years back the indignation and outrage Democrats had when President Bush dared to spy on Americans without warrants and torture prisoners...............well I ask............. why are not those same Senators joining Senator Paul in his fillibuster where the issues are far more serious. This is not a partisan issue. All the Senators, Democrat, Republican, or Independent should be supporting the fillibuster and speaking on it.
    I might not always agree with Sen Paul on the issues but he has this one right and I admire him for standing up and doing what he felt he had to do to bring this issue to the forefront.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I applaud Sen Paul for taking a stand that I think every American should be interested in. As I have said before if the American President whether a Democrat or a Republican has the power to be judge, jury and executioner what authority doesn't he have.
    I do remember a few years back the indignation and outrage Democrats had when President Bush dared to spy on Americans without warrants and torture prisoners...............well I ask............. why are not those same Senators joining Senator Paul in his fillibuster where the issues are far more serious. This is not a partisan issue. All the Senators, Democrat, Republican, or Independent should be supporting the fillibuster and speaking on it.
    I might not always agree with Sen Paul on the issues but he has this one right and I admire him for standing up and doing what he felt he had to do to bring this issue to the forefront.
    Here is a comment from one of the NeoCons...

It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    Where is your flattie coming from?
    Banquo Kennels out of NC.

Quote Originally Posted by jim_de_hunter View Post
    Banquo Kennels out of NC.
    Good luck--hope you love the flattie. Mine is a hoot and a half, and very talented.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Here is a comment from one of the NeoCons...

I'll agree with you on that one Franco... Even though I'm from SC originally, I've never liked Graham. He is a McCain wannabe and McCain is a RINO of the first order.
    Bill Davis

Lindsey Graham is awful...i mean horrible, i mean a disgrace as an elected official of SC. He will start talking about how he is a staunch supporter of the second ammendment and everyone down here forgives all of his trespasses and votes him in again. There is a strong push in SC this year to unseat him in 2014. Commercials are all over the radio explaining why he is awful. There are two very different sections of SC. The upstate and then the rest of the state. The southern two thirds of my state say they are conservative but don't back it up with their vote. Jim demint was from the upstate, lindsey gets most of his support from the morons in Columbia and Charleston.
    Last edited by mudminnow; 03-07-2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: sc public school spelling mistakes

Graham's biggest problem with Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Rubio is that they are getting more attention from the media than he is. And he is a media hound. He's jealous of these new guys coming in and getting the spotlight.
    Last edited by huntinman; 03-07-2013 at 11:35 AM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I'll agree with you on that one Franco... Even though I'm from SC originally, I've never liked Graham. He is a McCain wannabe and McCain is a RINO of the first order.
    No problem as I don't care for one of me Senators either. In fact, I don't like either of my Senators. However, I don't think that Sen Vitter will stay in Congress that much longer since he will be running to replace Jindal when his second term expires. I hate the though of Vitter as our gov!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    Good luck--hope you love the flattie. Mine is a hoot and a half, and very talented.

Thanks. My wife was sold on Flat-Coats when she read "Peter Pan of dog breeds". The plus is that I get a new retriever for hunting in the same dog.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Lindsey Graham is awful...i mean horrible, i mean a disgrace as an elected official of SC. He will start talking about how he is a staunch supporter of the second ammendment and everyone down here forgives all of his trespasses and votes him in again. There is a strong push in SC this year to unseat him in 2014. Commercials are all over the radio explaining why he is awful. There are two very different sections of SC. The upstate and then the rest of the state. The southern two thirds of my state say they are conservative but don't back it up with their vote. Jim demint was from the upstate, lindsey gets most of his support from the morons in Columbia and Charleston.
    Thought the same when I voted against Lugar in Indiana in the primary. The problem is Donnelly a democrat won the seat. I would rather have Lugar then Donnelly. Best laid plans don't always work.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl