RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HRC - Starting to Implode? *** Has been Moved ***

13K views 47 replies 32 participants last post by  Chris Atkinson 
#1 ·
Just so no one has to ask what happened to the thread, I moved it for review by the moderators and administrator of this site.

Please do not use this resource to air dirty laundry.

If Chris feels I should not of removed the thread it will be returned.

Lainee
RTF Moderator

#3 ·
Who made you moderator

#4 ·
I thought it came as the nonreturnable prize in a box of Cracker Jacks.

Poor Lainee.

#7 ·
lol, it did have some of my best bucket material to date...

#26 ·
The thread was not "removed". It was "moved" to a closed forum where only ADMIN and Moderators can view the posts.
Oooohhhhhhh, didn't know such a forum existed. Shows how much I don't pay attention to those types of matters.

On second thought, what you wrote about seems a little creepy. LOL :p

#20 ·
But two criptic words lacks substance. A few more words to elaborate would clear things up. I have no idea what he's refering to. I don't run HRC, have never seen an HRC test and probably never will, so I don't have a dog in this fight. Actually the whole thread was rather criptic, at least as far as I read before it was moved.

John

#29 ·
FWIW and IMHO -

If y'all want to know what's going on - and y'all want change then don't sit on the RTF and hope... Contact your BoD - who - again - is your local HRC club president... Get informed - get engaged - get involved...

If after you have been engaged and have been involved and have worked for change and things don't get better - well - that's a different story...

#31 ·
I agree, the change must take place at the ground roots level and then spread from there. From all indications I am of the opinion that there is some much needed change in the organization. I thoroughly enjoy running HRC weekend events and I think one would be hard pressed to find a venue where so much fun is had by all the participants. HRC can once again be what it used to be IF the appropriate changes are made in a timely manner, before too many stray away from the organization, with hard feelings and no intentions of ever giving HRC another try.

I am a member of two HRC clubs and I am willing to assist in any capacity needed.

Lonnie Spann

#33 ·
4 pages into a deleted thread, where there's smoke.......................................
Lonnie, I believe you will find that there isn't enough folks or effort to enact the change needed to reform the org.
Sometimes it's just not worth the effort to wage a battle when you never know who the good guys are.
JMHO

#34 ·
#37 ·
As an HRC predident I received an e-mail today outlining what had taken place. I then e-mailed one of the people directly involved. On Sunday our club will be discussing the situation. I hope all club presidents will take time to review the matter.
I ain't even in your side of the world,
But dat jist staid it all!.....Sorry I was texting/e-mailing ,rather than ..er! Talking.
Hope you guy's have a good meeting?...Like the many 'I' have ???:D

#45 ·
For Gods sake,would somebody just post what happened? 5 pages plus a deleted thread of doom and gloom and most of us have no idea what the heck is going on. Let all of us potential HRC members know whats going on,heck let the actual memebers know whats going on.

#47 ·
HRC still exists & will exist next year! Implosion or destruction is not in the future. As a matter of fact many of the local clubs are thriving!:D. Tests are full & people are getting hooked on the dog games. I will be running Finished this weekend & expect great judges, great tests, great people & great dogs. All the doom & gloom will not rain on my parade.

The gossip & innuendo I am hearing does not need rehashing on a public forum. There are plenty of passionate, dedicated volunteers that will make sure the organization remains viable & continues to thrive.

My concern is the resignation of some of the people that I respect & admire in the past year. Some one always is willing to step up but there is no easy way to replace decades of experience at a position. My business experience leads me to believe that when someone is excellent at their job, as a boss it is better to eat crow to keep that person rather than train someone new.

Dog to the line!!!!!

#48 ·
The reason the thread was removed was the final 2 posts.

The last one indicated that RTF had "hit a new low".

The one prior to that was a poor decision made by a member. That individual chose to describe an alleged email that supposedly went to the wrong destination. The email was vulgar, was fairly specific, and listed descriptions of the individuals in a fairly transparent manner. It had no business on a public forum.

I thank Lainee for zapping it. It was the right thing to do.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.